Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

older girl ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

Right I just need some opinions. I'm 21 years old and I'm a student. I recently met a beautiful girl who is almost ten years older than me. Is it ok? I don't see why it wouldn't be but I just thought it would be good to know what other people think.

Comments

• Options
    Hmm. You'd get pretty good respect/kudos from your mates I'd imagine if she's hot, she on the other hand would get quite a bit of stick from her mates I'd imagine. I'd go for it but be aware it'd be unlikely to work out in the long run, she's at an age where she could be thinking of getting married, you're barely an adult.. but for a bit of fun / a fling it sounds perfect, there's so so much more to learn from older women.. enjoy!
  • Options
    If you both like each other then I don't see any reason why not.
  • Options
    tinkler wrote: »
    You'd get pretty good respect/kudos from your mates I'd imagine if she's hot

Mate - that doesn't matter at all! You don't get with somebody just because you think your mates will think better of you, you get with them because you want to. If your mates happen to like the girl/think she's attractive etc, then bonus, but it shouldn't be a factor in you getting together.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Mate - that doesn't matter at all! You don't get with somebody just because you think your mates will think better of you, you get with them because you want to. If your mates happen to like the girl/think she's attractive etc, then bonus, but it shouldn't be a factor in you getting together.
    Tinkler doesn't think like most of us hehe.
  • Options
    Finally he gets banned. Ive been waiting for this day.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Finally he gets banned. Ive been waiting for this day.

I tried my best to get him thinking in a 'normal' mindset, and it looked like he was making progress at times - but unfortunately, he's just a confused little pup that thinks he's got it all figured out.

The thing is though, the come-uppance that everybody keeps saying he will get is unlikely to happen. If you keep ploughing through girls like they mean nothing, you don't keep them around long enough for it to come back and bite you. I've been a right player before, but as mentioned in a previous thread, I've always had respect for women - I just didn't want to stick with any one in particular, and certainly never set out to hurt anybody - although obviously some feelings were bound to get hurt along the way. This 'Hoes are for fucking' mentality is not healthy in the slightest.

The flip-side to his current mentality is clearly displayed in previous posts where when he does actually like somebody and they're not interested, it sends him into borderline rage. Rejection/failure isn't an option in his mind and so it's hard to take.

I hope he sorts himself out, but it sounds like he's happy with what he's doing, regardless of what people think of him.
  • Options
    I really think it was a complete online persona/attention seeking. Based partialy on what might actually be a normal sex drived guys life.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I really think it was a complete online persona/attention seeking. Based partialy on what might actually be a normal sex drived guys life.

There were a lot of inconsistencies in what he was saying over the months, which I asked him about by Private message.

Either way, he's gone now and so people can move along. Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    any way people
    lets not talk about that idoit any longer
    but let me just say HURAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
    thats out of my system now

back to the original post
    go for it
    theres no reason to stop u if theres a defint connection
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm definitely gonna go for it beceuse she's a gorgeous girl but it sort of feels demasculating getting picked up in a car and all that. I'm used to hooking up with relatively immature university girls, all in a very careless fashion. But whatever, all that counts I guess is that she's hot and she likes me for the time being...
  • Options
    It's only going to be an issue if you make it into one. Do you get on with this woman? Do you find her attractive in more ways than one? Those are the questions that matter in this situation.
  • Options
    Age is just a number man. If you click and you're into each other then something like that shouldn't be too much of a problem, ten years isn't too bad though. My mum's husband is 10 years younger than her and they get on really well (90% of the time).

Good luck with it anyway dude.

As for Tinkler, if he was as much as the stud he was making himself out to be then rejection should be water off a ducks back to him surely? I personally didn't take everything he was saying as gospel.
  • Options
    um well your sex drives are peaking about the same time (it happens later with women)
  • Options
    oh just do it... a friend of mine is 22 and just recently split with his 31 yo girlfriend (this shouldn't be a reason for you not to make it, hehe, age wasn't the splitting factor). I guessed her age to 26 to 28 max... something around that. It was a fun relationship, but don't think you can't have serious relationships that way.

Being with 'older' woman, is all the rage now apparently. A lot to learn, usually more mature (in the sense of case-hardened by previous partner), so they don't need to be treated like a princess all the time, etc.

Do what you feel like and don't let age interfere with what you feel (as long as she's not 11, you know...)
    emilio87 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I'm definitely gonna go for it beceuse she's a gorgeous girl but it sort of feels demasculating getting picked up in a car and all that.

shake those prepubescent thoughts off! It's actually quite cool if she has her own car. Easier to see each other, etc. If your friends ridicule you for that: screw them. They are just envious, because they have to use their silly micro scooter to go places.
  • Options
    More from me about this: I'd leap at the chance! By the time they reach their late 20s/early 30s, people generally are a lot more confident and comfortable within themselves. Think about it - they've probably had a couple of relationships, they've most likely had a few different job, they've had more experiences behind them. In other words, they'll know what they want, and won't have any problem telling you!