Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cilest..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Maybe should be in health I'm not sure.

I've tried the leafdlet but I threw it ut and cant find anything I turst on the net about this but am I right in thinking that no matter where you are in your cycle if you start taking the pill correctly a week later youre protected?

Maybe I should ask the FPA??

Comments

• Options
    yep as long as you've been taking it 7 days straight you're covered, no matter when you started taking it.

i kept my leaflet :razz:
  • Options
    Yup. Week of taking it properly and your fine. If you do it that way sometimes takes til the next cycle for your period to settle down though.
  • Options
    Ah well I'm on now and if I remeber correctly if you take iot within the first 5days of your period your covered straight away??

I'm so silly
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    Ah well I'm on now and if I remeber correctly if you take iot within the first 5days of your period your covered straight away??

I'm so silly

bump...
  • Options
    I thought it was the first day.....

Could be wrong though, check the packet, ring fpa, or err on the side of caution for 7 days and then you're definitely fine (that's what I'd do).
  • Options
    it has to be on the first day of your period for you to be covered straight away, if not you're not covered until you've been taking it for 7 days.