Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

18th Birthday Ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey All,
(not sure if this is the best place, please feel free to move)

Basically, its my girlfriends birthday in October. I want to start buying presents etc now, rather than rush round in a months time.:hyper:

Looking for ideas really, i have bought her big present already, but looking for smaller 'cute ideas' i guess. Like a goody bag or something like that. Tried looking for other threads but couldnt find anything. :(

Many thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Options
    Whats the big pressie?
  • Options
    What's she into? Is she a 'girly girl'?
  • Options
    Hm, well my now ex bought me a nintendo DS for my 18th last year with a few games and accessories.
  • Options
    Get her a stripper.
  • Options
    Ooo wouldnt be too impressed with a DS.

I got a gorgeous bunch of lillies as I said I didnt want anything as we'd just got back together and I felt guilty.

He made up for it at Christmas though with expensive jewlerey, underwear and cute little daft things :)
  • Options
    Treasure chest full of things- CD you've made her of her fave songs, her fave chocs, photo frame of you and her, piece of jewellary or two, etc.
  • Options
    Tie a bow around your ding dong ;)

*Happy 18th - SPLAT*

It's my birthday in october too :D - What you getting me ;)
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    Ooo wouldnt be too impressed with a DS.

:confused: why not?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    :confused: why not?

Unless I'm totally wrong a DS is a little computer thing isnt it?

Its the kind of thing you ask for Christmas when you're about 12 not what a loving partner should buy you for a special birthday.

Just thought of something esle nice my boyfirend did for Valentines but would work for you. Take her to a big city for a nightout and stay in a nice hotel for the weekend. :thumb:
  • Options
    Unless I'm totally wrong a DS is a little computer thing isnt it?

Its the kind of thing you ask for Christmas when you're about 12 not what a loving partner should buy you for a special birthday.

Well i still liked it, loads of adults have DS's i don't see what's so childish about them. Plus you can get a download thingy so you can download games instead of buying them all individually.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Well i still liked it, loads of adults have DS's i don't see what's so childish about them. Plus you can get a download thingy so you can download games instead of buying them all individually.

Oh right from your first post I thought you weren't happy with it. My mistake.

Sounds great.
  • Options
    Deep fat fryer :D
  • Options
    Oh right from your first post I thought you weren't happy with it. My mistake.

Sounds great.

lol well he spent all that money on me and then went and dumped me a few months later :p
  • Options
    Lucasinio wrote: »
    Hey All,
    (not sure if this is the best place, please feel free to move)

Basically, its my girlfriends birthday in October. I want to start buying presents etc now, rather than rush round in a months time.:hyper:

Looking for ideas really, i have bought her big present already, but looking for smaller 'cute ideas' i guess. Like a goody bag or something like that. Tried looking for other threads but couldnt find anything. :(

Many thanks in advance! :)

Budget?
  • Options
    Apologies for not replying sooner, have been mega busy!
    Already bought her a ds and brain training as she has been after one for some time, but doesnt have the money to purchase one. Also got her a few pairs of undies and some tops, so i think im sorted!

Thank you to everyone who replied, much appreciated :)