Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to Post A RuckSack?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure where this goes, so sorry in advance if it needs moved.

Anyways, I'm heading to Oz in 3 weeks and bought my rucksack for it 6 months ago. Last night was the first time, I tried to pack it and well, it just is not big enough :(

Soooo, found another online which I hope to receive shortly. Can't afford it but really need it. But that's another story.

So going to try and sell the small on Ebay and hoping someone will take it off my hands. Not expecting much, but rather get something than nothing at all.

Question is and I probably sound like a right doze... but I just wondered, does anyone have any tips as to how the hell I'll pack this off?

Do I use a big box? As it is quite big. Or wrap it in brown paper? Or anything else I can do?

Comments

• Options
    I'd wrap it in either in heafty brown paper with a lot of tape, or put in a heavy duty plastic bin bag type thing and the stick piece of paper or several on with the address label, roll down the top of the bag and wrap round with parcel tape so it's tight.
  • Options
    I'd wrap it in either in heafty brown paper with a lot of tape, or put in a heavy duty plastic bin bag type thing and the stick piece of paper or several on with the address label, roll down the top of the bag and wrap round with parcel tape so it's tight.

Yea I would probably just lay it flat, then if possible fold it into the smallest shape possible, then wrap some kind of bag round it. You can actually get plastic bags to post things with. Just shove it in one end, pinch the bag closed up to where the rucksack fills it to, then wrap the rest of the bag around it tightly. Don't know if ordinary bin liners will do the trick *shrug*
  • Options
    Yes, I just realised after posting the thread about being about to use a plastic bag or something. Duh.

Cheers for the tip. Never posted anything this big, so wasn't entirely sure what was the best way to do it.