Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

phone problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i need a new phone, but i'm going to be using a mac (with office on it) soon. I want to be able to sync my outlook calender and tasks, etc to my phone...is there anyway i can do this without buying a frigging shitty iphone? i know that the phone i want (nokia 6600?) will sync to windows but i couldn't find any info on macs.

if that doesn't work, but there are others that might please let me know the model and make.

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Oh this is really strange! I was doing the same thing earlier - Finding out how to sync my N95 calender and contacts with my mac.

If your using a Nokia, they have a nifty little search to tell you if its compatible.

See: http://europe.nokia.com/A4299040
  • Options
    iSync worked pretty well with my k800i.

It only sync'd the contacts but it did it brilliantly. I'm sure it does calendars etc too.

not a touch on the iPhone sync, but then that was designed to work seamlessly with the mac anyway.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2205?viewlocale=en_US

Taht's their official compatibility list, but you'll find lots of other phones work anyway :)
  • Options
    Entourage, not office! hehe :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    My N95 is compatible with a Mac, never tried it though!
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    My N95 is compatible with a Mac, never tried it though!

Go ahead! Give it ago! :)