Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

colonic irrigation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm sick of littrally being full of shit. I keep having to take laxatives and there is nothing physically wrong with my gut, nor my diet, it just seems to back up inside of me, and i need to get it out!

anyway....not that i'm assuming very many people have or there would be very many people that would want to talk about it....but if you have and you would, then i'd like to hear before i decide to do this or not to do...

or if you just know something about it, please tell me!

thanks

Comments

• Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hey Twisted Trinity :wave:

CI is a complementary therapy, and at present there isn't much info around on how effective it actually is. However, some people swear by it and say it can help with problems such as IBS, diarrhoea and indigestion. It's not available on the NHS, so it could set you back anything up to £80.

According to NHS direct the procedure goes something like this:
    During the procedure, you will lie on your side, while warm water is passed into your bowel through a tube that is inserted into your rectum (back passage). This water circulates through your colon in order to encourage your bowel to empty itself. Waste products are then passed out of your body through the tube.

After about 10 minutes, you lie on your back while the therapist gently massages your abdomen to help the process along. The whole procedure will usually take about 40-45 minutes.
    :yum: Sounds lovely!

I'd recommend speaking to your GP before you book yourself in. They'll be able to give you their expert opinion and let you know if it's going to have any long-term benefits.

It sounds like you've got your diet sorted, but it might still be a good idea to speak to a dietician about how you're feeling.

Anyway, hope this helps :thumb:
  • Options
    you can get DIY kits off ebay. My friend got one and was telling me all about it
  • Options
    you can get DIY kits off ebay. My friend got one and was telling me all about it

mm..not sure I would trust a DIY kit for this kinda thing! What if you did it wrong!? Doesn't bare thinking about! :eek2:
  • Options
    i think you get a set of instructions with it
  • Options
    yeah my mum's friend does it herself, i don't think i'd want to.

I've had far worse and more invasive procedures, so i think i can handle it. But i shall read that article and talk to the GP...

thanks
  • Options
    I'm quite intigued by the DIY kit..if you decide to use it then you have to to let us know if it worked! And if it hurt! :crazyeyes