Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Injured Shoulder :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I was being a child the other day and was playing on a waterslide in work, I slipped in the mud and landed on my arse but i put my arm out to stop me. When I fell I felt a sharp shouting pain in 3 parts of my arm, my wrist, middle of my top bit of my arm and my shoulder.

Since Fri I have iced and rested my arm, but the top part is still sore and my shoulder is really killing and i cant lift my arm very high. Could I have done anything serious or could it just be muscular? Any advice on how to reduce the pain would be awesome.

Thanks

Em

Comments

• Options
    If it's still sore it would be worth getting it checked out.

In the mean time a combination of rest, ice, gentle movement and the max dose of ibuprofen (and paracetamol if need be, but the ibuprofen is the important one).
  • Options
    Im allergic to ibroprofen so thats outta the questions! Will go get it checked out 2moz i think :( I hope its nothing serious as im off on hols fri!

Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Go and see your doctor who will order you an x-ray. He might give you an anti-inflammatory to help reduce the swelling and any pain. I had a similar injury after being daft on my quad bike, but my seeing a doctor got my shoulder sorted, so I think you'd best get checked out like I did.

There is a cream called Deep Heat Cream Max which I bought from Boots which really helped.
  • Options
    Went to A&E today as my minor injuries didnt have a dr on. Done xray and all ok, just been told to rest it for now and was given some tramadol, tis awesome lol"
  • Options
    I was prescribed Tramadol. It's a powerful painkiller with an opiet effect. Don't drink alcohol when taking Tramadol as it will increase the narcotic effect in making you very drowsy. This painkiller also made me constipated. Take care with it and I hope your shoulder heals good. Mine took a long time.

Best,
    Poppi