Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Where to sell clothes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my boyfriend have a load of clothes to sell, a mix of high street and branded (Bench etc). Where's the best place to sell these? Clothes on ebay often go for 50p or don't sell at all. Are car boot sales any good? Anywhere else I can sell them?

Comments

• Options
    have a look at stuff on ebay as some stuff doesnt sell, but some stuff consistently sells well and has a really high resale value. Check out the current auctions for things you have youll see.

There are certain ways of making your item more attractive, good photos, descriptions, honesty.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    completely unrelated but; ooooo you're back! Did you have a good time?

Yes but we didn't get to Snowdonia! It was pissing it down on Saturday so we went to the caravan in west wales instead and had a week there! We'll get to Snowdonia soon hopefully! :(
  • Options
    have a look at stuff on ebay as some stuff doesnt sell, but some stuff consistently sells well and has a really high resale value. Check out the current auctions for things you have youll see.

There are certain ways of making your item more attractive, good photos, descriptions, honesty.

I guess I didn't really think that sort of stuff would make a difference. Its all about marketing!
  • Options
    Don't use eBay or PayPal as payment at all. If you get scammed out of your money, you wont get it back easy.
  • Options
    but if you dont take paypal, noone will buy off you - fact
  • Options
    Brand name jeans sell really well on ebay. I usually get around $20-25 for a pair (and considering I only buy them on sale for 30ish at the most, quite a deal ;))
    Or second hand clothes shops.
  • Options
    Why not try a boot fair? People mostly want to feel the fabric of clothes to be sure about buying them. They like (as I do) putting a top or jeans up against themselves. There were some people doing just that recently in a boot fair. The stall holders sold the lot. :)

Poppi
  • Options
    Give it to charity instead? i know i made a similar thread to this not long ago and stressed how i needed the money, but this is what i did in the end. Car boot sales were too much hassle and ebay was too much effort for the return i'd get but i suppose it depends how much to actually have to sell.
    I had about a black bin liner full, reckon i probably could have made about 25-30 quid from it going by what was selling on ebay and all my stuff was same as like you say, mostly brand name and high street.
    So..wasnt worth the hassle imo, but you may think differently.
    Alternatively you could always get involved in a swapping thingymajig like this: the clothe sex change (:lol:)
  • Options
    I gave lots of clothes to charity about 5 months ago, ones that didn't fit any more mostly. The reason I'm selling some clothes is because I need some money so if I'm gonna end up giving them away free or getting pennies from them then I might as well keep them and wear them