Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

PS3 Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a really really strong urge to play Final Fantasy VII again. Unfortunatly my PS3 isn't backwards compatable and even if i had my PS2 at uni with me its broken. Final Fantasy VII isn't available to buy in the Playstation online store so i was wondering does anyone have any ideas about how I may be able to get to play it?

Also can i play PSP games on the PS3?

P.S. I discovered GTA4 online mode recently...it is awesome.

Comments

• Options
    Final Fantasy VII is a PS1 game, so there's no reason why it shouldn't play on your PS3...the PS3 is backwards compatible with PS1 games unless you got one of the early expensive consoles, in which case you have both PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility.

If somehow your PS3 is fucked and can't even play PS1 games, get a cheap PS1 off eBay :)

Can't play PSP games on a PS3.

The 60 Gig PS3 is backwards compatable. The 40 Gig PS3 is not as far as i know... They'd stopped selling the 60 gig by the time I'd saved up enough to buy a ps3.

But i'll check out playing a ps1 game on it when i next get a chance. That may be awhile as i don't have any with me right now. :(
  • Options
    Yeah PS1 compatibility is supposed to be included.

If not, buy another one ;)
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Yeah PS1 compatibility is supposed to be included.

If not, buy another one ;)

This is already my second PS3! The first one broke :(

I got it replaced. Unfortunatly i had to an extra £20 because the only PS3's they had came with GTA4. :impissed: ;)
  • Options
    boooo ps3