Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wine bottle opening help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The attached happened and I can't for the life of me get the corkscrew back in there to work :\ It just keeps crumbling more and not getting any deeper. Last time I take a reccomendation for wine. Sticking to hard liquor... screw tops are the way to go :p

Any tips?

Thank you :heart:

Comments

• Options
    Erm it might be a stupid idea (I know nothing about corks/wine bottles) but could you make a hole in the cork?

edit oo look http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_remove_a_stuck_wine_bottle_cork
  • Options
    Hey there new best friend! :D

The pushing it in is a good idea but I'd have no idea how to close it back up :o

The hole idea was genius! Screwed a screw into it and then tried the corkscrew again (I was really afraid to try it again, didn't want to ruin the whole thing :p) and it went right in.

Come over for a glass, you deserve it! :heart:
  • Options
    Id have just used a sieve :yes:
  • Options
    Luckily most wine comes with a screw top now days :thumb:
  • Options
    Hey there new best friend! :D

The pushing it in is a good idea but I'd have no idea how to close it back up :o

The hole idea was genius! Screwed a screw into it and then tried the corkscrew again (I was really afraid to try it again, didn't want to ruin the whole thing :p) and it went right in.

Come over for a glass, you deserve it! :heart:

Ooo didn't see this. :D that's great
  • Options
    You could alway of done it like they do in the movies, get a knife and chop half of the bottom off.

It always puzzles me because the bottle is... glass?