Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

29wks and bump has dropped?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The missus is 29wks pregnant and today she has been complaining of a pressure feeling in her pelvic region (I didn't know) and she had to lay down for a few hours because she couldn't walk, she also said that it looks like her bump has dropped. I keep telling to phone the midwife but she won't which is pissing me off. Can I phone them myself?

Comments

• Options
    you could try phoning NHS direct i think, only thing i can think of.
  • Options
    my friend at work said hers had dropped when she was 28/29wks and was sure the babies(twins) had turned but they hadnt.
    (her waters broke about 2wks later and she gave birth to 2 healthy babies)
  • Options
    for a first baby the head can engage in the pelvis quite early on. I think its likely to be completely normal. The pressure in her pelvis will be more uncomfortable now but should have less pressure in the ribs, so not all bad.
    Call the midwife if shes worried but as i say, the bump dropping and the head in the pelvis thing is normal around this stage
  • Options
    Well she does look a bit lower but the midwife said she thinks it's the baby changing positions, we're up the hospital tomorrow any way so we can get more advice then.