Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do i look okay?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My self esteem is low and i get really paranoid.

dsc00732io4.th.jpg
djkimnotts4.th.jpg
dsc00578ko0.th.jpg
dsc00852su7.th.jpg
gayrm7.th.gif
medy2.th.jpg
dsc00914fz2.th.jpg

Comments

• Options
    you look cute :) i like your hair style! wish i had the patience to grow my hair long..
  • Options
    YOU look OK but you would look really pretty if you smiled.

I feel like i'm turning into my nan writing that - i admit that i never smile in photo's though as i hate the way it makes me look!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Wyetry wrote: »

I feel like i'm turning into my nan writing that - i admit that i never smile in photo's though as i hate the way it makes me look!

:yes: couldn't agree more - you have a good image - nice hair and great features - but the scowl doesn't do anything for you - smiling is the way forward - and yes I also sound like my nan! ;)
  • Options
    I'm on team smile here. Most people look 10x better smiling in pictures, and you will look 10x more confident aswell. :thumb:
  • Options
    i like your hair, agree you need to smile
  • Options
    hey how come i cant see nothing? id like to see youre pretty pic kimmeh.
  • Options
    You look perfectly fine but I agree that you need to smile :D
  • Options
    Smiling makes a big big difference in how you look :)

And your hair is lovely - I want my hair to get to that length and soon get a fringe like yours. T'is cuteness :)
  • Options
    I do like your hair (it's quite similar to mine actually so I could be a bit biased :razz:) but I reckon you could carry off a funky, choppy style, maybe shoulder-length. Sometimes making a change to your hair can work wonders on your confidence too. Why not have a consultation with a hairdresser (they're usually free) and see what they suggest? When my boyfriend broke up with me, I went and had my fringe cut in - it was quite a dramatic change for me but boosted my self esteem loads to know I'd been brave enough to do it. Plus the compliments I got on it helped a bit too! :)
  • Options
    One thing that I have found can help improve the way I feel about the way I look is to have a good look at others. Like in the gym changing room. (Don't stare of course, that could get you into all sorts of trouble!). But see other women's body's. Not just the super fit ones. But the saggy ones. The dimply ones. The scarred ones. The flabby ones.

Or like today on the tube it was really crowded and I was feeling self conscious about my skin and I looked at lots of people's faces and saw that quite a large percentage of adults have some type of skin complaint and blemishes.

Looking at other people's good parts and bad parts helps me feel better about myself.
  • Options
    Kimmeh you look very nice but when wearing black, try and smile a bit more. Don't wear black if you're having a down day - wear something more colourful like that nice red top. That will make you feel better anyway, because rich colours have a happier look about them.

Best,
    Poppi
  • Options
    Nowt wrong there, you look really nice :thumb:
  • Options
    Your makeup could do with some improvement and a smile would also make a better impression.

You're not bad, imo.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »

agreed. you look so sad hon. smiling would make your eyes sparkle :)
  • Options
    I like your hair, and you need to smile more... really... you look great
  • Options
    You actually look a bit like my girlfriend. she even had a hairstyle a bit like yours, though she's just had it cut to just above her shoulders lately.

Honestly, you just need to cheer up a bit more, that's all. :D