Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Helping burns to heal?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote: »
    I've decided that I'm gonna try and get a tattoo around my tummy so that it covers the scars (will that work?) and it means I won't be tempted to do it anymore :).

Not sure how tattoos and scars go together, like if they can do it on scar tissue or what happens if tattooed skin gets scared at a later date.

I thought about it myself actually, I thought that I'd get some roses or something tattooed on my (scared) thighs but I thought I'd wait until I'd stopped and well that day has never come and I have sort of changed my mind about the tattoo thing. And even if you have one part of your body where you haver the most scars well there is always other body parts that you can move on to so I'm not sure if it really would reduce the temptation. I used to stick to my thighs but now I'd be a very tattooed lady indeed if I tried to cover all my scars with them. I sometimes think that if I overcome my problems and start living in the present rather than the past then the scars could be a reminded of how far I've come and what I've been through to get to that place.

Does Rich like tats? (My ex hated them which sort of put me off getting one).
  • Options
    Go and see a doctor about your infected burn. Chances are he/she will prescribe an antibiotic. Do it now. Get an emergency appointment.

And good luck.

Best,
    Poppi
  • Options
    Go and see a doctor about your infected burn. Chances are he/she will prescribe an antibiotic. Do it now. Get an emergency appointment.

And good luck.

Best,
    Poppi
    I think you need to start reading the whole of the thread before you reply heh.

RG - Rich has one so I'm sure he wouldn't mind :).
  • Options
    RG - Rich has one so I'm sure he wouldn't mind :).

Good to hear :thumb:

I know some people who've done this and found it to be a really positive thing to do btw. I was just playing devils do-dah really to make sure you've thought it through.
  • Options
    I've decided that I'm gonna try and get a tattoo around my tummy so that it covers the scars (will that work?) and it means I won't be tempted to do it anymore :).

I don't know the ins & outs of scars and tatoos, but you'll probably have to wait for it to go white/heal completely. I will see if I can find some information about this later.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I don't know the ins & outs of scars and tatoos, but you'll probably have to wait for it to go white/heal completely. I will see if I can find some information about this later.
    Oh yeh, I know that. The tattoo place in Braintree has a disgustingly long waiting list (my friend booked hers in January and had her tattoo done in June or July) so I'll see what happens when I get to uni.
  • Options
    Franki...

I have a migraine.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add, you can get tattoos over scars - I remember a boy in my sixth form who had some scars on his arm got a big dragon tattoo to cover them up. Looked pretty cool :)
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Just wanted to add, you can get tattoos over scars - I remember a boy in my sixth form who had some scars on his arm got a big dragon tattoo to cover them up. Looked pretty cool :)
    Did the scars distort it at all?
  • Options
    Not from what I can remember. It was a few years back now, but I don't think the scars made any difference to it (and they were fairly prominent ones).
  • Options
    I have had a tattoo on my wrist to cover a scar and it was fine. Obviously, as someone else has said, the scar needs to be left a while first but a tattoo should cover it fine.

x x x
  • Options
    Awesome :). Now I just have to find a design I like that will go most of the way around my belly button :/.
  • Options
    Hello guys,

Basically I burnt myself really badly the other day and it went all nasty and blistered and stuff and being the dickhead that I am, I kinda picked at it and now it's really red and painful and infected to the point where it hurts to touch skin half an inch away from it. Now, this was only Friday that I did this, and burns I've had before have never been this bad even when I didn't put anything on them. I did once get some antibiotic cream from the doctor which was amazing but I gave it to someone more needy ages ago and if I go to the doctor again my mum will just tell me to stop being stupid and blahblah. I've been using Sudocrem but it's just gotten worse so is there anything I can buy from Boots or somewhere that will work better?

http://www.prlog.org/10071086-using-manuka-honey-to-treat-burns.html