Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wigs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A few random wiggy questions

Has anyone every worn a wig? I mean a proper one that's supposed to look like real hair, not pink hen-night style. Did it look good?

How do you secure said wig? (for a person with hair already) How secure can you make it? (e.g, survive a mosh pit)

Is it possible to attach the wig securely so you can sleep in it for a night, thus saving the bother of putting it on again in the morning?

Just wondering about the practicalities of using a wig for a night out

Comments

• Options
    I have applied and worn lace front wigs (the ones used in the television and film industry.

Lace front wigs get pretty hot, and itchy. You have to pin curl your hair, put on a stocking cap, then you apply the wig; glue the lace down and then pin it with Geisha's and wigglies (different types of postiche grips).
    When worn correctly they can be worn for hours with vigorous activity too...
    You wouldn't want to sleep in one though, the grips can be sharp and uncomfortable especially if lying on them...
    Banbury Postiche is a good place to get all your wig needs. Google it.
  • Options
    http://www.banburypostiche.co.uk/shop/home/OpenMaterials.aspx

haha I drove past there the other day! I have been going past there for nearly my whole life and never noticed it until a week ago! what a weird coincidence.