Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fingering Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I am unsure when I am fingering myself what part I am touching.

I just wanted to hear other people's experiences.

When i finger my self, i use one finger and it goes in about a third of the way.

I alwys stop at the point where i can feel what i think is my cervix...cos it feels a bit lumpy (not sure how to describe it)..and i could go deeper but dont want to break my hymen.

Am i doing it right and should i contiunue?

Can others share there experiences? cos its been bothering me for a while.

I'm scared if i cant finger myself how am i gonna be able to have sex..

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Nat,
    Sounds like you're a little worried about fingering and whether or not you're doing it right. The main thing to stress here is that touching yourself is completely natural and as long as you're not in any pain then there's no real right or wrong way to go about it. You might find TheSite.org's article on female masturbationis helpful on this subject.

It is possible that the hymen can be broken through fingering, so you may find that you enjoy clitoris stimulation more as that takes away the risk of breaking it. But, having said that, bear in mind that the hymen can also break when using tampons, playing sport or during other activities

As for not being able to have sex because of how you feel about fingering - I don't think you have any cause for concern at this stage.
    You may find this askTheSite question and answer has some useful info on how the vagina responds to penetration.

Hope this helps and other people are bound to respond with their experiences related to these issues. Take care and happy posting. :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for that.

Do any other girls have similar experiences when they first started out?