Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

worried once again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi
as you may have seen in my previous thread, i had sex and oral sex with my bf for the first time on sunday,(he used a condom) since then i have been rather sore down there and extremely itchey, i read somewhere these could be signs of thrush how true is this and what should i do? N I really wouldn feel comfortable going to see my GP to be honest so could you pleasr give me some alternative advice please.

Comments

• Options
    it sounds very much like thrush (if you have had it before , your boyf may have passed it back to you through intercourse) its really important your boyf treats himself aswell .

Go to your local Boots / chemist and purchase "canistan" it comes in a cream / oral tablet or both ... if you are experiencing itching / burning internally (meaning inside your bits) then you will need both but otherwise just buy the cream. Apply a few times a day and it will be gone ...... but get your boyf to apply to his member as my boyf caught it off me and he was in agony and couldn't pull his foreskin back for days . Hope that helps !
  • Options
    relz wrote: »
    hi
    as you may have seen in my previous thread, i had sex and oral sex with my bf for the first time on sunday,(he used a condom) since then i have been rather sore down there and extremely itchey, i read somewhere these could be signs of thrush how true is this and what should i do? N I really wouldn feel comfortable going to see my GP to be honest so could you pleasr give me some alternative advice please.

It could be any number of things. I wasn't sure if you meant it was the first time you'd had sex or the first time with this particular partner, but when I had sex for the first time it was very sore afterwards anyway. Or it could be an infection? Condoms don't protect against everything, like it could be crabs or whatever. Maybe you could phone NHS Direct (0845 46 47) for advice? Or are there any young persons sexual health services in your area? Sexual health clinics that are seperate might be easier than the GP, even if just for a bit of advice?
  • Options
    KTGKTG Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi,
    Your symptoms do sound like they could be thrush .
    Using a condom will stop the transmission of most sexually transmitted infections, but as Randomgirl said, if you think there is a possibility it may be another kind of sexually transmitted infection, it is worth visiting a clinic to get it checked out, just to put your mind at rest- particularly, if you try to self-treat with over the counter treatments and symptoms persist. As the other posts said it also really important your boyfriend gets treatment too, otherwise he might well pass it back to you.

If you're not comfortable going to see your GP you could always visit an NHS sexual health clinic and see a nurse, or visit a Brook Centre, which offers free & confidential sexual health advice to under 25s. There are 17 centres around the country, so there might well be one near you. Maybe you could get your boyfriend to go with you for moral support, and he could get checked out at the same time?

All the best,
    Katie