Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Can't get over my ex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was going out with this girl for 2 years. I was totally in love with her and we had the perfect relationship. After a year I cheated on her behind her back and never forgave myself for it and it made me paranoid incase she found out. We grew appart and ended up spliting up. I wasn't too bothered until I found out she was with someone else who is in my eyes better. We dont talk or see each other now simply because of my pride. It's been nearly a year but a day doesn't go by where I don't think about her but I cannot and never want to be with her again now. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thank you

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ask her out again? Sometimes works, usually doesn't. Worth a shot though.
    Ask her out again? Sometimes works, usually doesn't. Worth a shot though.

Shes with someone else and I've got too much pride.
    Pokerstar wrote: »
    I was going out with this girl for 2 years. I was totally in love with her and we had the perfect relationship. After a year I cheated on her behind her back and never forgave myself for it and it made me paranoid incase she found out. We grew appart and ended up spliting up. I wasn't too bothered until I found out she was with someone else who is in my eyes better. We dont talk or see each other now simply because of my pride. It's been nearly a year but a day doesn't go by where I don't think about her but I cannot and never want to be with her again now. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thank you

Seems like you simply aren't completely over her? Even if you don't want to be with someone and don't have any contact, it's still takes some time to get over someone. You write that it's been a year almost, and some would probably say that it's time you move on, but everyones different in terms of how long time they need to get over exes. So my advice would be to try some new activities, spend more time with friends and so on, the bottom line being getting her out of your mind more often.
    Pokerstar wrote: »

Dude, I know exactly how you feel. I've been there before and it's also been just over a year and I've only just started feeling perfectly ok. Minus the fact that I didn't cheat on her, things just fell apart, as they do. There's no reason why you should feel like her new guy is better than you. And even if he was it shouldn't bother you. Nobody's "better" than anyone, it's all relative.
    What's confusing me a little is that you say you think about her every day and yet you go on to say that you "cannot and never want to be with her again". I think you do want to be with her but as you say you're just a proud guy and you won't admit it to yourself.
    One advice I can give you is that you should avoid any way being in contact with her until you feel completely emotionally detached. And if she gets in touch, just ignore her however difficult it may be. As for what you can do with yourself, just let time pass, try and get with other girls, keep busy, go to new places and you'll see it will gradually dissipate. Just think about what you will learn from it all at the end of it.
    Hang in there mate, I know how tough it can be...
    If you can't get over him, get HIM under it. It = the wheels of your car!!! let it look like an accident. Then there is nobody you can't get over anymore.
    Thats good advice. Thanks, theres times I am perfectly ok with it but I do admit i still feel something for her as no other girl compares at the minute.