Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help needed on birthday present for 22 year old

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Suggestions required for birthday presents for my niece - age 22, into going out with mates and clubbing, has low paid job but works really hard, in relationship but no kids, not in own accom. We're going to send her money for her main present but would like to send a few fun/useful things for her to unwrap on the day, probably spending around £20-£30, lightweight would be good as we have to post them this year.

Any ideas much appreciated, thankyou (cos it's a while since I was 22!) :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Molton Brown Stuff - its so lovely i'm sure most people would appreciate it.

Or some kind of expensive makeup/perfume
  • Options
    Blimey, 22 and still getting presents from aunty & uncle!
    I'd suggest buying something she wouldnt normally buy for herself but would probably like. For example (and depending what kind of girl she is), expensive lipgloss from a good apothecary, or, some makeup from mac, maybe even some flowers..?
  • Options
    I'll be 22 this year........I think I'd like things that are classed as luxury items that I can't buy unless I have spare cash.

I'd personally be chuffed with decent makeup, perfume, gift vouchers for clothes, CD's and DVD's.
  • Options
    I'm 21 and someone got me flowers for my birthday, I was over the moon!

Wasn't a massive bouquet or anything like that, but just the kind of thing I'd never have got otherwise. Made my accom look amazing for a fortnight as well.
  • Options
    Ohh yes flowers - i know they are terrible and tacky but everyone loves recieving them!
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    some makeup from mac

I would love this for my birthday ;o.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with that! People can buy gifts for whoever they like.
  • Options
    her parents are no longer around

thanks for the suggestions everyone - mac?
  • Options
    MAC is a makeup brand. Google MAC cosmetics and something should come up :)

Personally I love Wyetry's suggestion - I'm 22 and if someone bought me something from Molten Brown I'd be thrilled, but then again I'm not really a make-up kind of girl and it's hard to choose that for someone else.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    MAC is a makeup brand. Google MAC cosmetics and something should come up :)

Personally I love Wyetry's suggestion - I'm 22 and if someone bought me something from Molten Brown I'd be thrilled, but then again I'm not really a make-up kind of girl and it's hard to choose that for someone else.
    Probably www.maccosmetics.co.uk :p.
  • Options
    You could also consider an experience based gift

- Cinema Vouchers
    - Dinner
    - Theatre, etc
  • Options
    I think the above is a good idea. Theatre tickets or tickets to a theme park.
  • Options
    benefit makeup would probably go down a treat too
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with that! People can buy gifts for whoever they like.
    :lol:! Feeling arguementitive today are we? I didnt mean it in a negative way, just that i was suprised someone was buying a present for their 22 year old neice. Lucky her!
  • Options
    Benefit make up would be good so would some make up off www.qvcuk.com (they do Benefit too)
  • Options
    mmmm benefit is also good - you can get thier bathina stuff as well which is lurrrrvely.

However i do agree that its often really hard to by makeup colours for people - so what you could do is get a MAC make over for her - you pay somethign like £30 but that is then redeemable against any products she buys on the day. That way you can ensure she gets something which suits her and which she likes!
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

Probably, it was just more effort than I was willing to make at the time to look that up :p
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    Probably, it was just more effort than I was willing to make at the time to look that up :p
    I don't need to look it up when I have a £150 order sitting on there just waiting for my payday to come round :o.
  • Options
    spa vouchers :heart:
  • Options
    You lot are boring! It's all so safe!

If she's getting a big main present why not this? It's quirky and useful as well as within your budget. :)

http://www.firebox.com/product/1383/Miss-Army-Kit
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Day trip to Hull?
  • Options
    I would have a look at Hennie Haynes' gear and choose something really cool from their big list.

http://www.henniehaynes.co.uk
  • Options

I still get presents from my mam's brother and sisters. Whats wrong with that? I don't get it when people stop giving presents at a certain age, do they stop liking them when the reach 18?
  • Options
    Thanks!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone - really helpful, I'm still browsing round your various ideas but I went into Molton Brown this lunchtime and they gave me a free facial, free glass of champagne, free toner and a couple of mini shower gels - excellent lunch hour! :)
  • Options
    That sounds great Flynn.
  • Options
    Awwwww i'm so jealous - i'm obsessed with molton brown though thankfully my mum and mother in law are both also obsessed so I manage to keep my supplies stocked up.

Let us know what you get her!
  • Options
    niece's pressie

Finally decided on a Gingerlily scented body shimmer powder thingy from Molton Brown - will also send her a pair of Pants to Poverty knickers from gossypium.co.uk. I have sent her Benefit lipglosses before but like people say, colouring is a bit tricky to choose for someone else.

thanks a lot for everyone's suggestions :thumb: