Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

boyfriend has rash underneath foreskin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yep.

neither of us have an std as we have both been tested. however, he has convinced himself he could have caught something off a toilet seat or something similar (he is very paranoid about these sort of things).

we have unprotected sex as we have been in a serious relationship for a few years now and i have had no symptoms.

the rash is a bit weird looking...red dots under the foreskin? its appeared from nowhere. nothing has changed recently so it can't be an allergic reaction can it?

he has a doctors appointment on friday but up until then, can anyone suggest what it might be? he is worrying lots about it as am i :(

Comments

• Options
    Could be the beginnings of a yeast infection.
  • Options
    but i have no symptoms? he is really clean and stuff so why would he get one of those?
  • Options
    Yeast infection are usually from heat in the area so maybe he doesn't dry himself around there properly after a shower.
  • Options
    red dots under the foreskin?

My first thought would be thrush/yeast infection. The majority have of us have thrush/yeast organisms on our bodies but our immune system keeps them in check, plus regular washing etc. But sometimes there's a bit too much or it finds a nice warm/moist breeding ground (like under the foreskin) and it can become a problem. I get thrush a lot but never red dots, just a smooth, red rash BUT i'm not a doctor :p so it could well be another yeast infection. It's easily treatable and it's good he's going to see a doc. It might be advisible to use barrier contraception for a while until it's cleared up.
    red dots under the foreskinnothing has changed recently so it can't be an allergic reaction can it?

It could. You can literally become intolerant of something overnight. Let's just hope it's not you. (couldn't resist) :)
  • Options
    i haven't give him thrush. i dont have it.

i've had it quite a fewtimes before and know what it is like so would know if i did!
  • Options
    You can get a yeast infection without catching it off someone else.
  • Options

Who's saying you gave him thrush ?
  • Options

i've had it quite a fewtimes before and know what it is like so would know if i did!
    You have the thrush-causing yeast cells present in your vagina most of the time, it's just that they are normally prevented from colonising the area by the bacteria there and your immune system. So they can still be spread around, even if you don't have an infection.