Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i like them but they dont like me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so im bi!
i feel like im in love :heart: with my best m8! she just doent feel the same way! :banghead: she keeps askin me to back off a bit! i mean she does hav a bf, but i cant help it and i dont know wot to do!
i mean she cheats on her bf with another guy i like but thats another story altogether
i wanna give in on her but cnt get her outta my head
i wanna just be friends but hav no clue how to act around her.
im so used to how i am with her!

wot shud i do?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    I reckon, try and stay friends, back off a bit because it seems she's not interested. And as much as you want to change that, it's unlikely it's going to happen and will just cause problems and you could end up losing your friend.

Just act like a normal mate :). As for her cheating... *tuts* having been cheated on myself I know it hurts so unless she is in a casual relationship gotta feel sorry for the boyfriend.

Not really advice there :p

Best of luck
  • Options
    As shyboy said, theres nothing you can do, just back off a bit and be her mate.
    If she doesnt like you in that way then she doesnt. Not the best of things for you but thats life..
  • Options
    Act normal. Really, there's nothing mch you can do.

She's asked you to back off - do it. Has she told you why she wants you to back off?
  • Options
    Well the truth is I am having the same problem as you..I love my friend but he doesn't feel the same..I did confess and now things are no longer normal. We are still friends I suppose but its different.
  • Options
    mazheart wrote: »
    ok so im bi!
    i feel like im in love :heart: with my best m8! she just doent feel the same way! :banghead: she keeps askin me to back off a bit! i mean she does hav a bf, but i cant help it and i dont know wot to do!
    i mean she cheats on her bf with another guy i like but thats another story altogether

It sucks, but sometimes that's what happens. Somtimes you try to roll a hard eight and sometimes you don't get it. Since it's your best mate, sounds like you need some time off of each other, for you to let those feelings cool down a tad. Doesn't mean you have to give up your friendship, but try not to stay with her all the time.

Also, sounds to me you can be a bit content that she's not interested as you say she cheats on her own boyfriend with another guy. That's not a very charming trait of any persons personality.
  • Options
    Well the truth is I am having the same problem as you..I love my friend but he doesn't feel the same..I did confess and now things are no longer normal. We are still friends I suppose but its different.

A friend of mine confessed to another friend of mine he was in love with him. He got 'fuck off' in response...
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    A friend of mine confessed to another friend of mine he was in love with him. He got 'fuck off' in response...

How mean.:( I'm lucky, the last 2 people I've told, their responses have been something along the lines 'how sweet, thank you' and then they've just acted as though it was nothing.
  • Options
    If she already has the guts to tell you to back off (which is nothing all too common imho) I think you should really do that and come to terms that she's not Bi and that you can't have her.

With whom she sleeps and cheats is not really anything of your business, but if you like the boy, just get to know him independently and see how far you get. If he's exclusive with you then, it's her loss.
  • Options
    I'd say move on! She is straight nothing you can do! As for the guy, well depends how much you value her friendship. In a way I think that it could get complex if you went for that guy she is seeing. I would stay clear of it but thats because I tend to try avoid complicated situations as much as poss.
  • Options
    mazheart wrote: »
    ok so im bi!

Sorry that she doesn't feel the same but I think if you want to keep her as a friend you really need to get over her. Maybe you should distance yourself from her for a while until you feel you can be around her without any strong feelings.