Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Installing Multi Monitor

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm trying to install multi moniotor on my home pc, I have connected one monitor to the graphics card and another to the extra built in graphics chipset, so far I'm failing to figure out how to actually get them both tor work at the same time. anyone kinow if it's even possible?

Comments

• Options
    Im afraid its either the GFX Card or the mobo.

Most GFX cards these days have 2 ports on them, so you should be able to link them up this way.

Because in your bios you set either the gfx card or the onboard gfx to work, not both :)

Correct me if im wrong
  • Options
    Ive work with some Mobos that allow both, but the onboard is normaly the default monitor. switch the onboard to on in the bios then just set up in windows like normal
  • Options
    :thumb: It seems that the onboard graphics is automatically disabled, so therefore not enabling me to run 2 montiors at once. You said i could switch it on Territt?

ETA: I seen on another website, http://realtimesoft.com/multimon/faq.asp#OnboardVideo, it says that it would work if one were DVi and the other vga which vga is standard for onboard. Only problem is my both monitors are vga and the one to dvi is using an adapter. Suppose I'll have to give up unless territt has the anser

Also: http://realtimesoft.com/multimon/faq.asp#OnboardVideo, if anyone can make sense of that it would be great lol
  • Options
    It's not possible, found that because I have a PCI-E card and not a standard PCI card, I will not be able to force the bios to let both run together. Looks like I'll have to purchase a new graphics card.
  • Options
    What graphics card you have mate?

I would be tempted to get a graphics card with a multi monitor solution built in :) then you dont have to do anything more difficult than plug both monitors into it.

edit: although, I do think its possible anyway.
  • Options
    Isn't possible shyboy, i tried several times, you cannot run 1mon of a mobo and 1 of a PCI-E card anyway, compy wont alow it, one or the other.
  • Options
    Normally to achieve this properly you'd need to do it from one card with two outputs. Otherwise (if you use two different cards, or mobo + card) you'd probably just get the same screen on both.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Isn't possible shyboy, i tried several times, you cannot run 1mon of a mobo and 1 of a PCI-E card anyway, compy wont alow it, one or the other.

It would depend if the onboard supported it or not but it could be possible very feasibly...
  • Options
    It's impossible, I'll just buy a new graphics card
  • Options
    You could always but a splitter or a switch you know?