Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fuji Cameras

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, so I'm looking at getting a new camera - basically what I want is something small and great in low light conditions with low amounts of image noise at high ISO

I hear because Fuji camera's use a totally different type of CCD they're very good at low level light photos - can anyone confirm and if so got any samples?

I've also heard the older cameras are better then the newer ones cos people only know how many megapixels to go for and anything much over 6 to 8 mega pixels is just a waste for a compact camera.

Comments

• Options
    The older one everyone mentions is the Fuji F30 or F31.

Great little camera but i upgraded cos i wanted such nicities such as image stabilisation, etc.

Current fuji i have, the F100fd is great but not outstanding at low light level photography.
  • Options
    Indeed that's a 2 year old camera but it's the one that seems to have been the best - this is probably the next best option

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fuji/finepix_f40fd-review/index.shtml
  • Options
    No compact will ever be fantastic in low light because of their tiny sensors. So if you have found one that seems half way decent you may as well snap it up.
  • Options
    Yup in fact I just ordered one - should arrive in 2 days hopefully.

The reviews from both websites and people that bought the camera seem excellent and it appears newer cameras aren't likely to get much better for a long time to come when it comes to low level lighting and a compact body - only shame is it doesn't do widescreen photos as I tend to convert most of my pics to DVD but never mind can always crop later - main thing is to get that shot in the first place.