Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Outlook / Vista Mail LClient

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Does anybody know what directory the outlook mail files are kept in on a hard drive on an xp install.

And if you do, do you know if im able to import them into the standard windows mail client that comes with vista?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote: »
    Does anybody know what directory the outlook mail files are kept in on a hard drive on an xp install.

And if you do, do you know if im able to import them into the standard windows mail client that comes with vista?

I do think I know, think they reside in program files/outlook or something like that. Look for mbx and dbx file extensions. If you want to import them into another compatible client I'd try to export first, then importing in the other client.

It's possible that the Windows mail client also asks you if you want to import anything from another client. You can always try to browse the partition with XP if it's accessible from Vista.
  • Options
    Unless it's all changed recently - Outlook files end in .PST - just do a search for that
  • Options
    Check your roaming profile, bound to be stored in there maybe?