Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sorry in advance for this question..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.. but how long should i wait before i go to see te doctor about missed periods? it's been 3 months.. i'm a bit worried.

i know it happens sometimes because of the CFS but not for this long.

advice?

Comments

• Options
    Are you on any contraception which could stop your periods? (e.g mini pill, implant, injection etc). Are you sure your not pregenant?

If you can answer no to both its worth going for a visit, especailly if you used to have a fairly regular cycle.
  • Options
    What is CFS?

Personally if I wasn't sure as to a reason why it was happening I'd be down at the doctors by now!! If there is a logical explaination that seems very likely I'd be a bit calmer about it. E.g. if I knew that there was no chance I was pregnant and I was in general good health but say had exam stress then I would give it longer than if I couldn't possibly think of what it could be or wasn't at all sure or was having physical issues due to the lack of period or if it was very distressing for whatever reasons.

If there is a chance you could be pregnant I would seek help or do a test or whatever right away.

So to summarise that ramble basically there isn't really a general time limit, it depends a lot on individual circumstances at which point it becomes an issue.

I hope it goes well for you :)
  • Options
    If you normally have regular periods and haven't previously skipped one then usually your only supposed to wait a week.
  • Options
    Not on any pills..not pregnant...and CFS is short for chronic fatigue syndrome- a neurological disorder that affects pretty much everything.

they were ok before , a bit late here and there because of stress or whatever, but i'm not that stressed right now because i'm on summer break. it's so random. i get the pain sometimes, you know, that cramping, but then nothing happens. O_o i will make an appointment to see the doctor if it doesn't happen soon.
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    CFS is short for chronic fatigue syndrome- a neurological disorder that affects pretty much everything.

Oh right, I know a bit about that one as a good friend of mine has it, I'd not seen it abbreviated to CFS before. I hope you are okay :)
  • Options
    thanks randomgirl
  • Options
    Weight? I think if you ose a certain amount of weight (or go under a certain weight) then your periods stop.
  • Options
    i am a little bit overweight, and i mean only a little bit... on that BMI i am just over the overweight line- close to normal. so i don't know if it would really be an issue. i do know that some severly overweight people have stopped periods, because my friend was obese, now she's losing the pounds and they started again.
  • Options
    If you're in or close to the normal BMI range then it won't be weight that's the problem.

Seeing a doctor now would be reaosnable.
  • Options
    hmmm k
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    i am a little bit overweight, and i mean only a little bit... on that BMI i am just over the overweight line- close to normal. so i don't know if it would really be an issue. i do know that some severly overweight people have stopped periods, because my friend was obese, now she's losing the pounds and they started again.

Yeah it's more associated with being underweight than being overweight really. Especially if it's only a little bit outside the healthy weight range.

As has been mentioned already, see a doctor :) Hope it goes okay for you :)