Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My bum muscles!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I walked up quite a steep mountain (climbed about 1000ft) on Sunday and as Rachie predicted in the Snowdonia thread the muscles in my bum are killing me!

It hurts to walk :( Why is there even muscles in my bum?! Grr

Anyway its Tuesday now so I'm thinking I'd like to speed up the recovery a little. Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Options
    kangoo wrote: »

Why is there even muscles in my bum?! Grr

You are joking, right?

The Gluteus Maximus are two of the biggest muscles in your body! Without them you wouldn't be able to stand, walk, pretty much anything that requires you to use most of your body.

Did you think your arse is just fat? Seriously?

Apologies if I sound surprised. That would be because I am.
  • Options
    Long hot bath? Always good for achey muscles!

xXx
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    You are joking, right?

The Gluteus Maximus are two of the biggest muscles in your body! Without them you wouldn't be able to stand, walk, pretty much anything that requires you to use most of your body.

Did you think your arse is just fat? Seriously?

Apologies if I sound surprised. That would be because I am.

Well I knew there was muscles I just didn't know you could hurt them by walking up a mountain!
  • Options
    Well I knew there was muscles I just didn't know you could hurt them by walking up a mountain!

:confused::lol: :eek2: :D

Well, now you know :thumb:

Still quite gobsmacked though.
  • Options
    Why? If I've never hurt them before how am I supposed to know where they are or what they do?!
  • Options
    Why? If I've never hurt them before how am I supposed to know where they are or what they do?!

Do you not feel them working whilst you walk?
  • Options

Do you not feel them working whilst you walk? :eek2:

Just amazes me that one could have been so inactive all their life so as not to have worked their glutes so that they hurt a bit?!

*prepares himself for a barrage of people saying "I've never had my butt muscles aching from exercise either!"*
  • Options
    LOL not really
  • Options
    LOL not really

Hahaha

Well, I am sure you do now ;):D
  • Options
    Aching glutes is the worst! You work them a lot when you do kayaking and the next day after a really long race is horrible. Just have to ride it out really. Perhaps use some deep heat?
  • Options
    Aching glutes is the worst! You work them a lot when you do kayaking and the next day after a really long race is horrible. Just have to ride it out really. Perhaps use some deep heat?

Aye, getting heat into muscles when they're sore is always a winner.
  • Options
    I've never managed it so just my bum hurts, get to the state where my legs all ache but wouldn't partcularly separate an aching arse from the rest of me.

My new one is whatever the muscles are that run down your sides. Learning to roll a kayak and all the recovery strokes in the pool has made those rather achey.
  • Options
    Well from the car park at Snowdon the actual climb is just under 2000 ft so we did about half. I was fine on the walk, could have easily done more - its just I'm feeling it today! The gradient was very steep on some parts and I think thats what did it as I've done a few long walks in the last year and never had bum ache

We reached the top in about 40 minutes and we're leaving ourselves 4 hours to climb Snowdon so I think I will be ok!
  • Options
    I lie its more like 1500 climb up Snowdon. But I will do it! Hopefully without an achy bum
  • Options
    I was unfit when I climbed snowdon but dint hurt any of my muscles, I just got to the top and collapsed from exhaustion lol. Had a mars bar at the top though and the way down is easy. :thumb:
  • Options
    LOL ok well I'm not too unfit. I just have crap muscles. Last year I hurt the muscles in my arm skimming stones :yeees: Its a month until I climb Snowdon and I aim to climb the same mountain of 1000ft once a week, plus Pen y Fan at least once which I believe is about a 1500 ft climb. Hopefully my muscles will be bigger by then and not hurt me! :impissed:
  • Options
    Lol, I knew that my arse has muscles but it reminds me of the great surprise in learning that boobs are made of fat. When I went skinny dipping my boobs floated on the water which was most exciting for me!!

Hmm... you can tell that arses have muscles in due to their pertness! Lol!! Now I'm thinking about the lovely bottom of my ex-boyfriend :blush: