Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sunburn/aloe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm past the point of crispy and scorched... on my entire freaking body. If I were toast, you couldn't even scrape the burnt off and would just throw me away.

How many times a day should I aloe myself up? I think three but I thought I'd ask. Any other tips/products you'd reccomend?

Comments

• Options
    And remember to drink plenty of fluids too
  • Options
    And remember to drink plenty of fluids too

:yes: Drink water, constantly. It will help you no end. And moistrise like mad. If you can get calamine lotion (put in on before bed and shower it off in the morning) that helps as well.
  • Options
    Thank you very much! Never thought about the extra fluids bit. Been alright so far... I can even tie my shoes today :lol: I'll get some calamine lotion, try that :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Do see a doctor though. You said it's all over so it's a lot, and possibility of skin cancer is nothing to laugh at...
  • Options
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but once burnt I don't think a doctor can do anything for you, other than treat the symptoms if you can't manage standard pain killers, plenty of fluids and moisturiser yourself.
  • Options
    Really you should see a doctor - anyway. To be sunburnt as bad as you have been I would certainly see a physician if only to let them check your burns over and give you the best possible advice for future checkups for melanoma There always is risk of skin cancer especially if using low fact suncream protector. I used to live in Greece where the sun is at its most dangerous between 11 am and 3 pm between June and August. For biking and swimming I used to apply at least factor 30 yet still got a tan.

Poppi
  • Options
    I was wearing spf 30 :p

My two friends I was with had tanning oil with spf 4 mixed in and they barely even got a tan. Now the red is mostly gone and I don't even have a tan line hardely. Back to as pastey as I started :p
  • Options
    Thats exactly what happens to me!
    I'm going to Ibiza in 3 weeks and need to get suncream going for the kids high factor stuff!! Have been going on sunbeds which has been helping 3 or 6 mins here and there, did 9 today and red :( so not doing that again!!!
  • Options
    I got burnt pretty bad when I was snorkling in Thailand. I just used a shit load of Aloe Vera, mixed it with more Sun cream when I went out during the day. Put it on when you wake up, before you go out, when you get back, before you go to bed e.t.c. I also found drinking lots of booze made me forget about the pain and helped me sleep.
  • Options
    I once got so badly burnt on holiday the holiday rep called the doctors out because I couldn't open my eyes or mouth properly and they were a bit worried :blush: I was feeling too sick to worry. Was not the best holiday I ever had ;)
  • Options
    I recently got REALLY badly sunburnt all down the front of my body. Just slapped loads of moisturiser on when I remembered and a thick layer at night. The redness reduced after about 3 days and then went really brown which was a bonus but probably not worth the pain!