Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cyprus

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Can anyone recommend good places to go in cyprus? Places where there's pleanty to see/do etc?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    North or South? I have been both sides of the border ...
  • Options
    Anywhere
  • Options
    Depends what kind of things you are wanting to see and do?

Aiya Napia is obviously good for clubbing whereas Paphos is good for things such as the mosaics, castle, water park etc.

Google it and look at some places.
  • Options
    I personally adore the area around Limassol in the south. You've got tonnes of culture, the old Turkish quarter, close to THE best beaches imho (Curium and Ladies' Mile), you have the clubbing quarter (Germasogia, some good clubs there) and everybody speaks English. Shops are fantastic and it's easy to get to other parts of the island.

If you want something in the area that is a bit more cut off than the main town I'd recommend somewhere like Pissouri or Episkopi.
    XXX
  • Options
    I've done Paphos 4 times, Larnaca and Protaras (i got back from protaras on sunday) once.

I'd recommend protaras, this has the usual centre with shops, restaurants and bars, you are close to the border and can visit Famagusta (Ghost town) and have the odd night in aiya napa if you fancy it, and there is nissi beach there which is just amazing.
  • Options
    My parents used to have a caravan in Famagusta but after the invasion they lost it, apparently it's still being lived in by a family, haha!
  • Options
    I personally adore the area around Limassol in the south. You've got tonnes of culture, the old Turkish quarter, close to THE best beaches imho (Curium and Ladies' Mile), you have the clubbing quarter (Germasogia, some good clubs there) and everybody speaks English. Shops are fantastic and it's easy to get to other parts of the island.

You've just sold it to me and I wasn't even asking :razz:
  • Options
    Haha. It's my favouritest place in the world and there are so many bits that are unspoilt by the stereotypical "Brits on tour" crap. I'm supposed to be going myself at the end of August but it's not looking too promising but i hope anybody that goes has a fantastic time... i'm not jealous at all... *is jealous* :)
  • Options
    Go south, stay south. North = Turkish occupation = not good for tourism. Don't visit Famagusta even if the authorities have opened it up for tourism. Mummy said I had a distant uncle, a Greek-Cypriot perish there with is family and children.

http://www.inhostage.com/index1.html

Aiya Napia is south and is pretty good for clubbing. Lyra and I went to Club Pizzazz which was brilliant and the drinks were reasonable in cost. It plays techno, house and progressive trance. There's a danged good 3-star hotel in Aiya Napia called The Chrysland where I stayed at.

http://www.chryslandhotel.com/

We went in September just when the grapes were ready for picking. Bowers of them overhung a shaded area next to the Chrysland's nice private swimming pool. We were allowed to pick them. The owner even shared his grapes with his guests for buffet breakfast.

If you book straight with the Chrysland you will get a far better offer that going via Thompson's. I recommend it. Really. :)

Best,
    Poppi