Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Unfreezing frozen grapes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I heard frozen grapes were good. So I took a bag of them and froze them. But I tried one, finally, today and I'm really up in the air about it. I don't know if I really like it or not. But I was dumb and froze the whole bag and not just a few. Can I stick the rest back in the fridge or will that ruin them?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Frozen grapes? Crazy Americans! ;)
  • Options
    I heard it from a nice british gal, ass.
    ...umer ;)
  • Options
    I like frozen banana blended up in a smoothy.

I have tried frozen strawberries too but they were a bit too cold for my taste.

I do like frozen blueberries though, sometimes I eat them frozen or I add a handful of them to porridge as I'm making it in the microwave so they are actually yummy and warm by the time I eat them.

Are the grapes seedless? Maybe you could add them to something warm?

When you defrost frozen fruits (or cook from frozen) some of the liquid comes out of the fruit which sort of can make them mushy but in some things this is sort of a bonus, like putting some frozen fruit in my porridge means that the juices and mushyness flavours the whole thing rather than adding fresh or dried which just gives plain porridge with fruity bits in rather than 'fruity porridge'.

Also chucking frozen fruit in the blender with a bit of yogurt is nice (you can add other things too like honey, nuts, grated chocolate, vanilla etc) and makes a creamy frozen gooey thing which can be quite healthy depending on what you add to it (especially if it helps get rid of an ice cream craving!!)

I've not actually tried frozen grapes but I would assume they work pretty much the same as other frozen fruit that I have tried?!

I assume you know what porridge is. It's when you cook up oats with either water or milk to make a yummy goo, often eaten for breakfast. You can add fruit or some people add salt if they have it savoury, or honey or sugar or whatever. Do you have this in America? I think you might have a different name for it maybe?