Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worried..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all :wave:

Just to set the scene..Recently I have been very ill, i was in hospital for a week and missed a month of uni, and then a whole other heap of stuff all happened at the same time. (I posted a thread about it all a few months back... http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=127504 )

Right, I have been seeing this guy since February and he is amazing. I am truly falling for him :heart: But he has been in France on placement for uni for the last 3 and a half months, and the last time I saw him was just before I got ill and went into hospital, and I never got to say goodbye.

So now, he's home. We've decided to meet up where we go to uni (in Swansea) as we both have houses there and it's mutual ground. (My mum isn't the most understanding of mothers so there's no chance of him coming to stay here, and vice versa.) I am so incredibly excited about seeing him, and he says he's excited about seeing me too, but I'm just worried that when we get there we won't have that spark that we used to before he went away, and we won't feel the same about each other anymore..which I really don't want to happen. I'm so scared that we won't feel the same anymore! Has anyone had any experience of this? A few of my friends have been traveling without their boyfriends and they've all said it's weird when they get back, but I really don't want this to happen with me and my guy! Eeeeeek. :nervous:

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure it will be great when you meet up again, its normal to have nerves - I get them all the time! But as soon as you set eyes on each other again - talking from experience - things will just click together again :)

You should be looking forward to it, not dreading it!
  • Options
    What difference will worrying about it make? ..exactly.