Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friends growing apart

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys.

I've noticed my friends from back home are in some circumstances growing apart. There was one guy who was being a bit of a twat a few months back when we were organising our holiday, having a tantrum and he fell out with the organiser (who has a strong personality anyway so can sometimes be a bit confrontational... like with me today when I asked to go over the figures cos I was a bit lost lol) and anyway, we went camping the other week and it was great.

This twatty guy (who I went to the pub with just me and another mate, he's a bit excluded now I guess cos organiser is quite matriarchal if you like), well we got on well. He started opening up to me about his sexuality a bit more, and suddenly he was whisked away by holiday organiser (who doesnt like him and hasnt 'supported' him I guess) to get the juicy gossip and apparently he's not a virgin anymore. Not that it's here nor there, but I felt like a supportive friend listening if he had anything to say.. and then she dragged it out of him when she hadnt been interested in him for the past few months. To be fair I'd fallen out with him too but I tend to be a bit more diplomatic, but we'd made up after the pub.

ANYWAY, the night was going well, so we said if he wants to come to the holiay (and he no longer had a manipulative girlfriend), he's welcome to. Awesome.

Everything was going well, he was chilled out, everyone was laid back about everything and looking forward to a nice summer. Then got a message today him and organiser have been bitching at each other. Dunno who started it, could easily have been both of them. Supposedly its centred around money, how much petrol money is fair, we had assumed £70 but he wanted £120 - so in the grand scheme not the biggest thing but it was just how as soon as they dont see eye to eye they fall out with each other and organiser says we should un invite him (even though, he HAS mellowed out, I think he's slightly misogynistic so maybe antagonises her because she's a girl doing the organising , but she has a very short fuse with him too and she can be... unpredictably explosive with anyone).

Anyway, this conflict is just another, but I still get on with everyone really. I did fall out with this guy for a few months cos of his girlfriend and he acted like a twat. I wasnt angry at him, just wasn't worth my time you know? But he's split now and you know what its like with your mates - alls forgotten. So I just want people to be a big happy family but some of them want to get one over on each other. It's really sad :( I know when we are together they get on well and act like best friends, miss matriarch is everyones best friend lol, but when its just the two of them they can go at each others throats...

Comments

• Options
    erm...ok?
  • Options
    I want to help, but not sure what to say....Thats like really confusing :nervous:
  • Options
    Yea I don't know what to do. I've resolved in my mind its a power conflict and they get on well, so whenever 'organisational' issues come up I am being pro active and intervening in a non obvious way :p so they don't talk to each other about specific issues they get fired up about. Hopefully it will work...