Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stress and periods.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I know that stress can make you miss a period, but I forgot to mention this at the doctor today (went because I've been having a breathing issue every so often and because every time I try and have sex it's like a red hot poker has been poked inside my ladybits - she basically said that both things were stress-related).

Can stress make your periods longer? I did have the injection about 7-8 weeks ago and my next period was then late by about two weeks, and when it first started was really light (which I LOVED) but now it's started being really heavy and I started about a week and a half ago. It's usually one week, starting really heavy for the first couple days then petering out by about day 5. I don't like this :(. I also can't go and see a doctor about the pain thing (not convinced about that being stress) until it's over. Bah.

Comments

• Options
    stress just generally fucks with your cycle. I have no period normally, (yay!), but when i get really stressed out, or have just had a really big shock, it starts again. I am in the implant (which i'm sure we have already discussed), if you needed to be reminded.

I really should have a taste of my own medicine here, but give some relaxation techniques a go, and see if that helps anything...
  • Options
    Stress does mess your cycle up. I not normally bleed as I have the implant but I'm quite (subconsiouly) stressed at the moment and I've been bleeding for the last week.