Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

going back to black!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
with my hair!

I have a murder scene in my house with a red bathroom and towels and bed linen and whenever i get sweaty, the colour runs. Having bright red hair is a mantainance nightmare! So, i'm going to get a really good cut and dye it black at home.

So, is there anything i need to do before i dye it as i've still got brigth red on my hair and its been bleached as well? Its in very good condition considering though.

Also, i want a really soft black, not something thats really harsh, maybe a bitter chocolate brown rather than a black...anyone able to suggest anything?

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I use L'oreal's Castings in natural dark brown. It's practically black, but has such a subtle amount of brown in it, it's much less harsh than the traditional 'black' dyes. And, it's also semi-permanent so it fades a lot less obviously than the permanent black dyes that you have to grow out (and the worst thing ever is black hair and medium brown roots yuck!)
  • Options
    I've used a superdrug one, and it seems to have done a good job, looks good curly...