Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Best and worst dates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im kinda curious as to what the best dates people have gone on, and in contrast what they consider to be the worst.
worst date: was with someone who was 7 years older than me, we went to the cinema, which by the way is a terrible first date anyway, I hate the cinema theres no pause button, and you cant talk.

best: Italian meal and a few bottles of wine, down by the river during summer. I suppose the actual person you go with makes a difference to the date to.

Comments

• Options
    The worst one would be when they decided to break up with me whilst we were having a meal. The best would be a hard choice but...I would probably go for the day we shopped, had lunch at a very nice Italian place, did a photoshoot, made love and whilst cuddling said for the first time that he loved me.

Awww...

Amazingly, both were the same man, I am still with him as a month and a half after the worst date he asked me to take him back which led on to the best date eventually.

xXx
  • Options
    I was never really taken on many proper "dates" with any of my previous...

a pretty bad "date" was when i was meant to go to the party with my ex at his local pub, and i said i felt crap, so rather than staying and looking after me, he went anyway, and then i was sick all through the night and didn't help me once and then had a go at me for keeping him awake with being sick.

He is someone i no longer speak to!
  • Options
    though the best one lasted the whole weekend, and was the first time i met one of my now ex's. it involved sitting by the london eye (as it was closed) in january. fucking freezing but worth it...
  • Options
    I had one movie date and it's never again for me unless I know the person well enough for it not to matter that we're sitting next to each other in silence for two hours.

Best one, hmmm, I guess my long weekend in Berlin ranks pretty high. Although I guess it borders on an extended one night stand. It was nice though, I miss that bloke.
  • Options
    Worst date would probably be when I met up with a guy I'd pulled whilst drunk on a night out...I know this sounds really shallow but I just wasn't as attracted to him sober as I had been drunk (plus I wasn't over my ex and we didn't have anything in common honest :blush: )...we went for a meal and I spent the whole night feeling awkward as hell and wondering how to get out of it without having to kiss him again, I told him that night that I didn't think it was going to work out but then was guilt-tripped into driving him home! 3/4 of an hour's drive!!

Best is one of two, both with the same person (my current boyfriend). Our first ever date, when we actually weren't officially dating but got together, we went out for a Japanese meal (I'd never had Japanese before and was well impressed with him knowing all about it although he's since admitted he blagged quite a lot of it :razz: ) We then went to a bowling place, played air hockey and pool and had a few drinks, then went into town to a club where our much-anticipated first kiss happened. Corny, I know, but it sticks in my mind cos I was so happy.

The other was a while back, we went to an Italian restaurant for dinner, had a lovely meal, the people who owned it were really friendly and there was a small jazz band playing who let my boyfriend get up and play drums with them for a bit. We both had a blast, I just remember sitting there thinking how happy I felt to be there with him :love:
  • Options
    Worst: last friday :yuck: met up with this creep we went to see a film. He talked about himself the whole time and was really forward.

Best: about a year ago, went to London for the weekend with an ex and we went for a nice meal got quite drunk and just spent the time walking around talking it was nice.