Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Flaky skin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I spent 1 day out in the sun last week and now I've got dry patches of skin all down one side of my face and they're all flaky and won't seem to stop. I've tried E45, cucumber moisturiser and vaseline. They help for so long but it just comes back. I haven't been wearing makeup and have just been gently cleansing and moisturising twice a day and topping up the moisturiser during the day. Anyone have any suggestions to help get rid of it?

Comments

• Options
    What about trying washing with Aqueous cream rather than a soap etc on your face, try putting baby oil in massage it in and use moisturiser often
  • Options
    It might be the soap if it contains sodium laureth sulphate that can irritate skin something awful. I use simple soap and been using it for a few months and my skin no longer feels dry. I also use the same for shampoo and it is very good. Stary eyes suggestion of aqueous is great. I use it also and it is cheap, a few Euros for a large tub.

Poppi