Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Massive spot on my shoulder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a spot on my shoulder which is right next to one i had before thats about the size of a 5p piece, changes colour when i touch it, it really sore, and its hot...

Gp or do you think i could sort it witht he pharmasist/walk in centre?

Comments

• Options
    Does it have a head on it? What colour is it? Is it smooth or does it feel different say gritty etc?

It could be a boil oran ingrowing hair! If it worries you it won't hurt to go to the walk in centre :)
  • Options
    its red with a yellowish centre but goes white when i put pressure on it...

and its smooth
  • Options
    Sounds a lot like a spot. Personally I'd go for whichever is easiest! Pharmacist or walk in centre should be able to help.
  • Options
    i might just go to a pharmasist, theres a good one in edgware road or down the road from me. its such a pain, i was going to wear a holter neck top but didn't cos it look gross, and it fucking hurts especialy with my bra on
  • Options
    id get a pin then squeeze it.
    if not then a GP. I cant imagine what a pharmacist would do?
  • Options
    yeah i can't really get to it...., i might try and give it a go...i was just a little concerned with was something else....

getting to see my GP is a nightmare...
  • Options
    I would personally try the homeopathic remedy belladonna 30c either as a one off or maybe one a day for about 3 days.

http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2200008.html
  • Options
    i haven't taken that stuff for ages...that was what my mum used to give me instead of capol when i have a fever...

yes, i'll give it a go and if it hasn't gone down by tomorrow i'm gonna sqooze it...but i'm gonna put a drop of lavender oil and a hot compress on it first...
  • Options
    Normally when I get spots I just put some germolene or sudocrem on them, works pretty good.
  • Options
    id get a pin then squeeze it.
    if not then a GP. I cant imagine what a pharmacist would do?

I'd do the same, but then again I have get a strange enjoyment from squeezing spots and all things gross :blush:
  • Options
    One of my family friends says if you're in England go see a pharmacist because they are very good.

Poppi
  • Options
    a pharmacist will more than likely suggest antiseptic such as savlon/germolene.
    has it gone?
  • Options
    well yes and no...it looks more like a bruise now...thers no puss, i think the lavender did the trick..