Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

omg im moving - school work crisis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
im nearly through with year 10 and i will be joining year 11 in september but my mum wants to move so im really worried about my education cuz i still have coursework to do.
the reason y im asking teachers is cus they will know if i will be okay and my school work will get sorted out. im not worried about making friends cuz i only have 1 year left ( thanx god).
do you think i will be okay ?
will my school work be okay ?
will i have to start year 10 again ?
would i be able to get ema while im in year 11 ( if i start year 10 again) cus i will be 16?
will i get my subjects that im doing ? (history, geog, french)
thanxs
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i can;t answer all the questions there
    but for the subjects, u should get on all of them
    if not then that puts u at an unfair disadvantage so u will get on them is waht i would say:D
    good luck if u do move
  • Options
    I'm assuming if you move then you change schools. You need to contact your new school asap and check that you can still do the same courses with the same exam board. This might not be possible, but your old school should tell your new one what you have done and they can make allowances. They shouldnt hold you back unless they absoutly have to.

I have known people been held years but their family did move between England/Ireland a few times and they did sometimes get held back because of GSCE's courses etc.
  • Options
    you need to be carefull, because i didn't do year 10, and there was only one school in my local area that would take me on for only year 11. and like purplebutterfly said, you need to check if the new school does the same subjects and with the same examening board.

you have to have left school in order to be getting EMA, unless you are having to re-sit a year. you have to have "legally" passed your leaving date before you can get EMA.

I did do all 10 GCSEs in one year, but it was so hard and i really wouldn't suggest it.

I'd really get you mum to reconsider any move, unless its desperately nessesary.