Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shit I'm old!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I seem to have inadvertently aged a decade in the space of a week..first I found out I'd been going out with a bloke who's a DAD (at what point did blokes my age get old enough to be fathers?! :O) and now I've gone to do thesite's survey and they don't want my opinion because I fall outside the core 16-24 bracket..:( Want to tell the world to wait..I'm not ready to grow up yet!! :O Anyone else had 'breakthrough' moments where they suddenly realised they were getting older?

Comments

• Options
    You're OLDER than 24? Oh my... you old fart. Do you receive your pension already? :razz:
  • Options
    yup!

Patchy grey hair.
    a "younger" than me girlfriend.
    realising the 12 years I've been working has gone so damn quickly!!!

I'm only 28 :(
    Oh, and the fact that I still try to take part in surveys, even though for the past 4 years, I've not been allowed to. Anything for those damn Amazon vouchers :p
  • Options
    yup!

Patchy grey hair.
    a "younger" than me girlfriend.
    realising the 12 years I've been working has gone so damn quickly!!!

I'm only 28 :(
    Oh, and the fact that I still try to take part in surveys, even though for the past 4 years, I've not been allowed to. Anything for those damn Amazon vouchers :p

Ha ha ha! Youve still been trying for the past 4 years?! :D I might be old,but I'm still a quicker learner than *that*..:p And yes,strubble,I'm just waiting for an official letter from the government confirming I'm old enough to draw my pension..should be here any day now..:nervous:
  • Options
    Yep I'm rapidly becoming senior too. Recent OAP moments have involved buying fragranced ironing water and being excited about it (in my student days the iron was what you used when your hair straighteners broke) and spending Friday night knitting with a friend instead of the pub. Travesty is me
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sling yer hooks then, what ya still doing here?

;)

:heart: you really.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Sling yer hooks then, what ya still doing here?

;)

:heart: you really.

:crying: :p
  • Options
    when you realise that people who think theyre old, are actually 10 years younger than you
  • Options
    Oh I don't think I'm old ... just noticing myself getting OLDER ;)

btw Helen ...... I get the hint!! *walks away, tail between legs*
  • Options
    Yep....recently being told I couldn't write for a new website aimed at young people in Cardiff...apparently "young people" are aged 16-25 which makes me 2 years too old :(
    Plus I'm off to see my "little" brother graduate soon, how can he have finished university?! I remember him as the little boy I had to protect in the playground from the bullies, not a full-grown, much taller than me man with a degree in History and Politics!!
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Yep....recently being told I couldn't write for a new website aimed at young people in Cardiff...apparently "young people" are aged 16-25 which makes me 2 years too old :(
    Plus I'm off to see my "little" brother graduate soon, how can he have finished university?! I remember him as the little boy I had to protect in the playground from the bullies, not a full-grown, much taller than me man with a degree in History and Politics!!

Ha ha ha! Wow..yeah the little brother thing's pretty scary!!
  • Options
    Its strange you've posted this thread because for the first time ever I have been getting the feeling older feelings.

I turned 25 this weekend and age has never really bothered me but I think in the last few years I have always mentally thought 'I'm only a few years out of school' etc - now I realise I am nearer to 30 than I am school age!

I sometimes wonder if I should feel more grown up, ok I am married and have a house, steady job etc but in my head I am still the kid I was 10 years back.
  • Options
    Flippin heck i'm feeling young at the moment - having been mistaken two weekends in a row for being a teenager (i'm farr from it)!
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »

Oh god, the day my little brother graduates from uni I'll cry because I'll suddenly realize how old I really am.

He's only 2 at the moment though, so I've got a while :D
  • Options
    The first time I really felt old was when a teenage boy said to his mate 'that woman just watched you do that' and I thought 'I'M NOT A WOMAN YOU CHEEKY WEE WHIPPERSNAPPER, I'M A MERE GIRL'.

Then I thought 'Oh God, I just mentally called someone a whippersnapper - I AM a woman' :(
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »

Then I thought 'Oh God, I just mentally called someone a whippersnapper - I AM a woman' :(

Nah - you're just Northern!
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Nah - you're just Northern!

Aye, shoulda set me whippet on 'im :p
  • Options
    Aye, shoulda set me whippet on 'im :p

I would have, if I hadn't been busy adjusting my flat cap.
  • Options
    The first time I heard that someone I knew at school was married. Having a kid was one thing, but married is a proper grown up thing, especially when the rest of us are still failing miserably at the dance floor stage.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The first time I heard that someone I knew at school was married. Having a kid was one thing, but married is a proper grown up thing, especially when the rest of us are still failing miserably at the dance floor stage.
    Same! I'm only 21 too :o
  • Options
    I recently turned 23

I felt old, but this thread makes me feel young :P
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Same! I'm only 21 too :o

ARE you?! Goodness..I always got the impression you were loooads older cos youre one of the old hands around here!! :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    HanHan wrote: »
    ARE you?! Goodness..I always got the impression you were loooads older cos youre one of the old hands around here!! :D
    LMAO! I do act mature don't I? Oh wait a minute............
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm quite younger than most of you -22- but I do feel old... Not old in general, but old for myself, if that makes sense.
    The first time I really felt old was when a teenage boy said to his mate 'that woman just watched you do that' and I thought 'I'M NOT A WOMAN YOU CHEEKY WEE WHIPPERSNAPPER, I'M A MERE GIRL'.

Ha, that reminded me of a few months ago. A kid of about 10 in the street called me "mister". :eek: