Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My web show...ideas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, I'm starting a web show, and I need ideas for it fast. It's kinda like I chose a random topic and talk about it...like mythbusters or something like that. For example, I might talk about if palm trees are the new black...lol...idk. But I'm also going to need to do some other stuff. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    :chin: So just a show of picking a random subject and then talking about it at random?

like that hasnt been done before
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    :chin: So just a show of picking a random subject and then talking about it at random?

like that hasnt been done before
    :o Well...I mean...it...*cries*
    lol jk. Sorta drama queen right now. But anyway.
    I mean REALLY random topics...and the fact that other people have done that is why I'm doing OTHER things. lol
  • Options
    MidnaL101 wrote: »
    :o Well...I mean...it...*cries*
    lol jk. Sorta drama queen right now. But anyway.
    I mean REALLY random topics...and the fact that other people have done that is why I'm doing OTHER things. lol

The only problem im thinking of, is that the internet is such a wide place, whatever you talk about, even if random, there is more than likely going to be someone out there that has done it before.

Are you talking about just doing a random segment of the show, or this idea of your being the whole show?

You are possibly best off picking some kind of theme (even if abstract) and talking about it well. So doing what other people have done, but better :)
  • Options
    Just improvising about a random topic is really, really tough. Especially when you've got a microphone sat in front of you and the tape rolling.

Well, talking about a random subject and it being interesting is really tough. You're better to work out some kind of show in your head and then have a cheat sheet of notes to keep you going.

Remember that you can edit out and big silences while you're thinking of what to say. It's weird but you can get good at improvising on a topic, so even if your first show blows it'll only get better.

I'd listen to a lot of Just A Minute and I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue on bbc radio. Just for ideas and tips.
  • Options
    Just improvising about a random topic is really, really tough. Especially when you've got a microphone sat in front of you and the tape rolling.

Well, talking about a random subject and it being interesting is really tough. You're better to work out some kind of show in your head and then have a cheat sheet of notes to keep you going.

Remember that you can edit out and big silences while you're thinking of what to say. It's weird but you can get good at improvising on a topic, so even if your first show blows it'll only get better.

I'd listen to a lot of Just A Minute and I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue on bbc radio. Just for ideas and tips.

I'm going to write a script, and since I'm an aspiring actress, I'm sure this will be good excersise for me, planning out what to say and memorizing it and all. I just need help with segments...lol
  • Options
    So the basic idea is like just doing a podcast? With currently no idea what you are going to do?
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    So the basic idea is like just doing a podcast? With currently no idea what you are going to do?

My first topic is "What can 'little people' do for you?" About whether the munchkins/dwarfs/etc. actually helped out the main characters in those old movies....I got basically ALL that planned out already...I just need a few other things to do, so that I'm not sitting there rambling on about little people...lol
  • Options
    Ok...off the top of my head...gingivitis, King Charles Spaniels, the Spanish Armada, the Pope's hat, Roosevelt's Amazon journey, acorns, heroin, flans, lego, Bill Bryson, The Fantastic Four, 50s style robots, mirrors, why you never see zombies in wheelchairs...ummm...
  • Options
    My first topic is "What can 'little people' do for you?" About whether the munchkins/dwarfs/etc. actually helped out the main characters in those old movies....I got basically ALL that planned out already...I just need a few other things to do, so that I'm not sitting there rambling on about little people...lol

Then you should really talk about the Cambodian Midget Fighting League and their bout with a lion.
  • Options
    Ok...off the top of my head...gingivitis, King Charles Spaniels, the Spanish Armada, the Pope's hat, Roosevelt's Amazon journey, acorns, heroin, flans, lego, Bill Bryson, The Fantastic Four, 50s style robots, mirrors, why you never see zombies in wheelchairs...ummm...

Why You Never See Zombies In Wheelchairs....LOVE IT!!!! Thank you!!!!
    Acorns, The Pope's Hat, etc...dude you're random! :thumb:
  • Options
    It's totally discrimination. I mean, there are zombies of all colours and creeds (zombie scientologists!) but you never see one with a hook for a prosthetic leg or hand.

Appalling.
  • Options
    It's totally discrimination. I mean, there are zombies of all colours and creeds (zombie scientologists!) but you never see one with a hook for a prosthetic leg or hand.

Appalling.

That'll be my third topic, and I'll credit you, too...lol. My second is my favorite so far, lol. It's called "Are Christmas Trees Stereotyped?"

Cause, I mean, whenever you see one, you think about Christmas! Why can't you put one up as decor without people wondering what period of time you're living in? lol
  • Options
    They don't like to be called Christmas trees anymore. The proper term is "Festively Arboreal".
  • Options
    They don't like to be called Christmas trees anymore. The proper term is "Festively Arboreal".

OMG! LMAO! Funny! Maybe I'll just make you the new script writer...lol
  • Options
    OMG! LMAO! Funny! Maybe I'll just make you the new script writer...lol
    See Infinate, you can work with this genius of a show producer, the ideas they've pitched so far are top notch so i can see why this would be an enticing opportunity...................oh.
  • Options
    What really needs to be discussed on some kind of radio show is the concept of Papal infallibility, which I purposefuly misinterpret for shits and giggles.

It amuses me to think that the Pope might wake up one morning convinced it's 1977 and the cardinals have to rush around finding afro wigs and glittered hot pants. Or that he might decide that it's a Papal right to have an F-18, which he then uses to buzz Vatican City.

You'd be able to tell that it was the Pope's jet because it was have a scale version of one of his fancy Pope hats on the cock pit canopy.

That and a section called lolcunts. Like lolcats but with a picture of Jeremy Clarkson and the text "Iz in yur town, brakin the sped limit". That's more a visual thing though...
  • Options
    What really needs to be discussed on some kind of radio show is the concept of Papal infallibility, which I purposefuly misinterpret for shits and giggles.

It amuses me to think that the Pope might wake up one morning convinced it's 1977 and the cardinals have to rush around finding afro wigs and glittered hot pants. Or that he might decide that it's a Papal right to have an F-18, which he then uses to buzz Vatican City.

You'd be able to tell that it was the Pope's jet because it was have a scale version of one of his fancy Pope hats on the cock pit canopy.

That and a section called lolcunts. Like lolcats but with a picture of Jeremy Clarkson and the text "Iz in yur town, brakin the sped limit". That's more a visual thing though...

Or maybe, idiot of the day: Idiot 1: Bush...the word "nucular" on it! :lol: