Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Waxing questions...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had my eyebrows waxed a few weeks ago but within a week they needed doing again :( I've heard that your cycle can affect hair growth, so when's the best time to get waxed?

Also, whats the deal with bikini waxes; do you literally let your bush grow all wild and free then take it along for someone else to deal with?

And do you have to get on all fours?! I read you needed to get on all fours at one point to let them get any, ahem...undergrowth?

Comments

• Options
    I've never had my eyebrows waxed, but I know the deal with bikini waxes is that you shouldn't have them done a week before or during your period, because that's when it'll be at it's most painful. Erm, second question, normally you're hair needs to be shortish to be waxed, so trimmed, shorter hair is a bit less painful. As for all fours, I don't know, maybe if you were having a severe wax like a brazilian or hollywood.
  • Options
    I get my waxing done straight after my period, i find thats the best time to do it (don't know why though).

As for bikini waxes, as long as its longer than 3mm all over it can be waxed. Don't over grow it otherwise the wax will stick and the poor woman will have to trim it. And no you dont get on all fours, your just lay down on your back and she will tell you to adjust your legs depending where she is waxing.
  • Options
    With eyebrow waxes you really need to have 3 in semi-quick succession (every couple of days) to see decent results. Because eyebrow hairs grow so quickly you get one lot waxed just as a another lot are under the surface ready to come out. 3 waxes 2 days apart set me up for a few weeks, which would be pricey if I didn't have my own waxpot.
  • Options
    if your getting a bikini wax DO NOT SHAVE for a long time before
  • Options
    My eyebrows need doing too - I don't know if my skin would tolerate a wax every 2 days for a few days though. Mine usually last about 2 weeks before I start getting little ones, which I pluck but then one day I wake up and they're a mess again.
  • Options
    I'm going to getmy eyebrows waxed next week and gonna ask to get a strip done on my leg to see if I can tollerate it and if I can will book in for half leg and bikini then will need done before I go on holiday. Getting my eyebrows waxed doesn't bother me hoping it'll be the same with legs and bikini.
    Also thinking about getting eyelashes tinted for holiday anyone had them done - sorry to hijax post!