Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Microsoft office download

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know where I can download microsoft office?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    If you download it, it will only be an illegal copy unless you pay for it. Are you wanting a hacked version? There are free Office compatible software packages out there.
  • Options
    What is a hacked version?
  • Options
    Download it with out paying I believe.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    What is a hacked version?

Well, usually when you purchase Office, it has a code which you have to enter during setup to prove authenticity of the licence purchased. A hacked version works around this issue.

OpenOffice is a high function professional open-source downloadable office suite of programs, including writer, calc, impress, draw and base which are the equivalents of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Paint and Access, Available totally for free. Get it here : http://www.openoffice.org/
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Well, usually when you purchase Office, it has a code which you have to enter during setup to prove authenticity of the licence purchased. A hacked version works around this issue.

OpenOffice is a high function professional open-source downloadable office suite of programs, including writer, calc, impress, draw and base which are the equivalents of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Paint and Access, Available totally for free. Get it here : http://www.openoffice.org/

Will I be able to open documents that I created in word with those?
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Will I be able to open documents that I created in word with those?

Yep
  • Options
    ***Post deleted***
  • Options
    Ah great - thanks!
  • Options
    They used to do a student deal.

Open office offers the same raw functionality effectively but without the form, so if you are using documents a lot you will find it restrictive and slow to do simple tasks. If you've learnt excel you will need need to relearn calc because it uses different functions and syntax for some bizarre reason...

Personally I was happy to pay £40 for office as I use outlook so much, I have it set up with 4 email accounts. My friends use thunderbird (mozilla equivilent) and they just can't do as much stuff as I can.
  • Options
    download google pack (pack.google.com/ ), and it will give you chance to download sun StarOffice for free and its little better than open office.

and yah one more thing, it is possible that when you open your document in open/star office, which as saved in MS office, it may not show properly alignment and some other stuff because of the lack of the feature support for MS doc.
  • Options
    Star Office is perfectly good by itself. For those who already have MS Office though, avoid Star Office as the two conflict badly. The conflict mainly manifests itself as erratic cursor movement. Trust me, I've spoken to many Open University students who gets that dreaded purple DVD issued by the OU then unknowingly installs Star on top of MS Office.
  • Options
    You can get a Office 2007 trial from their website. (it locks after 45 days, which is a pain)
    If you're a student you get it cheaper, like most MS products.
    You can always use OpenOffice though.