Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone Play Bingo?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never been but thinking I might organise something with friends for a laugh - are we likely to be mobbed by old grannies?

Do you need to become a member or something first?

How does it all work?

Comments

• Options
    if you go to a gala bingo they usually have free bingo on first thursday night of each month, otherwise its not cheap..

like £10 for your cards...

you gotta be quiet during the games as well, so its not really a place for a gang of mates if you ask me...

with regards to membership, you can signup on the day
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I can't think of any worse way to gamble. It's sad.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I was thinking less about the gambling and just more the atmosphere - potentially it sounds fun but not sure if it's an old person's pastime
  • Options
    you get all ages going. Im not keen, i used to work at a gala though, fucking hell some people get right into it and are there every night of the week
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    DG wrote: »
    I was thinking less about the gambling and just more the atmosphere - potentially it sounds fun but not sure if it's an old person's pastime

It's not fun. People get too serious about it.
    In places like Mecca they just reel of the numbers and games as quickly as they can, it's not very social.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    you get all ages going. Im not keen, i used to work at a gala though, fucking hell some people get right into it and are there every night of the week

i know, its crazy, how do they even afford it?!

i used to go with my nana sometimes, some of the people are so annoying, like this one couple would have the same table everytime, and set out their teddies and 'good luck charms' in a certain pattern, as if its going to help them win.

i guess its alright if you win something.
  • Options
    I've been a few times but it can get expensive and after a few hours of being there it does get boring! It's fun though once in a while and if you go at night you can win quite alot!