Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stupid stupid stupid stupid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i may have thrown away the one chance to let someone know how I feel. The first person I've had any strong feelings for in a loooong time.

story goes

i've known this girl for a long time now, around 8 years. 8 years ago we kind of messed around a little, then she had to move to another country.

every time she came back to the country it was always a little awkward, in terms of "is there something here or not"

we'd write a few times, emails etc.

but then i got a girlfriend, years ago, and when she came back to the country for the first time since i got with this new girl, i got an email 5 years go. kind of saying how upset she was, and how i should "never settle for average"
anyway fast forward, i carried on going out with my girlfriend, then eventually when we broke up, this girl still comes back to the country (to see her family) and i see her a few times, AND STILL there's that "is there something here or not" feeling.

now she's just recently gone back, and i have finally realised that i really really really like her....but i never told her. to me there may not be much point, she lives on the other side of the planet now, and neither of us are big on the whole long distant relationship thing (you can't get much more distant without coming back on yourself really.)

my conundrum is.. i'm supposed to be going to university.

part of me really wants/needs to go.

part of me thinks that i have to tell her how i feel.

part of me thinks, that i'm just thinking to much into this thing and seeing a relationship that isn't there other than just being friends.

i dont know what to do, since she went i've been a bit of a wreck, i dont even know why i'm writing this, guess i'm just getting things off my chest really....

but what would other people do?

tell her? and potentially wreck what is now just a friendship by making future contact awkward.

or just let it go?

(if.....by the freak of nature that would be the coincidence YOU (you know who you are) reads this...... then.....yeah....that's just how i feel.:shocking:

Comments

• Options
    My first question would be how old are you?

Most people go to university around 18-20, which would make your sort of relationship with this girl a bit wrong.

Aside from that I'd recommend you say something, as you point out you really havent got much to loose. Its normally better to regret something you have done, than something you havent.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    My first question would be how old are you?

Most people go to university around 18-20, which would make your sort of relationship with this girl a bit wrong.

Aside from that I'd recommend you say something, as you point out you really havent got much to loose. Its normally better to regret something you have done, than something you havent.

oh, yeah
    let me clear that up

we're both in our early 20's.

i'm one of those "mature students" but mature's probably not the right word....
  • Options
    Given all that is at risk is the occasional email or phone call I say go for it.
  • Options
    Me to just don't act like an idiot towards her if she rejects you
  • Options
    Boins wrote: »
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    but then i got a girlfriend, years ago, and when she came back to the country for the first time since i got with this new girl, i got an email 5 years go. kind of saying how upset she was, and how i should "never settle for average"

This might have been an indication that she was in fact a bit jealour at the time. But how long ago was this? Did she mention something like that after that point in time?

That being said, I'd be very tempted to advise you to flip the coin and try and see how it goes. Heads or tails.

However, you should also think about the possibility of having a distance relationship, especially if she's literally living on the other side of the planet. This very long distance relationships are imo the most "hardcore" distance relationships there is, and it's not for everyone. Not to be negative, but that's how it is. But, some do make it.
  • Options
    Man go for it otherwise in your whole life you may thing may be i ask her, so u atleast will not have that guilt.

Ask her.