Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

being different

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had problems recently where my high standards that I expect people in my life to keep to are continously setting me up for big falls and I am getting very depressed. Would councilling work if done properly to help me accept the fact i am different to everyone else or would a few pills from the doctor help me get by?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In this case I probably wouldn't advise going on any anti-depressants as what it sounds like to me is the problem could be rectified with CBT. CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) is a form of councilling that aims to re-program the way you think about things. It doesn't work for anything and it's sometimes not the best long term cure but you could maybe ask your GP to be referred?

If by very depressed you mean suicidal/self harming then perhaps it might be a better idea to discuss that doctor to get some immediate treatment however, which may end you up on anti-depressants. Without really expanding your question I'm not sure what else to suggest but I hope that helps!