Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bikini wax before holiday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks time and I want to get a bikini wax before I go.

I've never had one done professionally before - how long before my holiday should I get it done? And how long approximately does it last?

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Options
    I'm glad you asked that I wanna know that too!
    Also wanna know what I should do to 'prepare' and I'm also considering doing a full leg wax cos shaving every day will be a pain!
    Sorry to hijak your post!
  • Options
    I usually get mine done 4-5 days before going on holiday, it allows the redness to go and keeps the regrowth off while on holiday, You need it to be a decent length before you get it waxed too, at least 3 weeks of hair growth. I find that when I get a wax its perfectly smooth for at least 6 days then it grows through smoother and slower than usual :)
  • Options
    I agree - I'd do mine 2 days before, but I've been waxing for about 2 years now and it takes less time to calm down and for it to grow back.

If you've never had it done before I imagine it would start to grow back in a week or so.

To prepare, I would exfoliate the area thoroughly, take a painkiller about half an hour before, and make sure you've eaten.

Afterwards, keep the area out of the sun for about 24 hours and don't put any fragranced/harsh products near it.
  • Options
    I get mine done the day before. The first time that i had it done it was all smooth for about a week and a half. Since then it seems to last longer than that. Im going away next Thursday and have decided to be brave and have a brazillian this time, Im having that done on Wed!
  • Options
    Ok thanks for advise!!
    I might try and pluck up courage to go in a week or so to get in the habit, kinda feel strange tho and kinda feel embarrased I know they see it every day!! One wee question, what is the hair is too long should it be cut or wil they do it? thats one of my main worries too!! Think its cos I have no confidence with my body and I aint no skinny milinky!!!