Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What dish can I cook with...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
mushrooms
tomatoes
salad potatoes
carrots

I also have regular cupboard & fridge stuff. I'd like a proper 'meal', the mushrooms and tomatoes should be main ingredients as I need to use them up, carrot and potato not so important.

Yes, I'm not very imaginitive, I can't think of a meal. Have tried the recipe sites but they're more geared towards looking up how to make something you know you want to make...

Ideas?

Comments

• Options
    On the Sainsbury's recipes website you can search by up to three ingredients which might be more useful.

Personally I would just cook it all in one pot (pre-cooking the potatoes if they aren't already cooked) and add some herbs but that's just because most of my meals are a load of veggies cooked in one pan or based around that sort of idea (I'm lazy with washing up).
  • Options
    Pasta Bake?

or maybe a tomato based curry?
  • Options
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/food/recipe/default.htm

That's the link to the Sainsbury's website although when I tried those ingredients the dishes it came up with involved some other things that I doubt you'd have in stock just on the off chance without buying them especially so not that useful really :grump:
  • Options
    That's what I found with the other recipe sites I looked at, trawl trough lists of recipes that include but aren't primarily based around the ingredients searched for.
  • Options
    Id do something like pasta in a tomato and mushroom sauce.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    That's what I found with the other recipe sites I looked at, trawl trough lists of recipes that include but aren't primarily based around the ingredients searched for.

So I take it you don't have any Oxtail in stock then? :chin:
  • Options
    id throw the mushrooms in the bin, then boil the rest up with an onion and a stock cube et voila. a tasty soup
  • Options
    a tomatoe and mushroom omelette with home made carrot sticks :P
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    How about a pie?

This site can be quite useful.
  • Options
    Well, I eaten them now, but the noodles llok nice, might have noodles afterwards.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    How about a pie?

This site can be quite useful.

I like that website Helen, thanks for that link it looks really useful so I've saved it on my ever growing favourites list :)