Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stupid Doctors

Went to the docs a month ago and then again a couple of weeks after that because of abdominal pains I was having, most likely related to my kidneys. So I returned again last week and there was a substitute doctor who perscribed me anti-spasmodic drugs. I took them for a couple of days then decided to have a browse on the internet to see what they were for, and came to find that they shouldn't even have been perscribed to me and could have caused a lot of pain and possibly kidney failure. My mum went and seen my own doctor who explained that I should never ahve been given these drugs. How the feck can doctors be so fucking stupid or else just too fucking lazy to look through my notes :mad:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    he must have thought your abdo pain was related to your digestive system rather than kidneys (pain would be in your lower back). Anti-spasmodics slow gut motility down.
  • Options
    what the hell...i hope your ok virus!!!
    everytime i go to the doctors i have noticed she never checks my body part im complaining about and usually thinks paracetambe is good for my pain and some daft cough syrup for a cold
  • Options
    To an extent I guess I can sympathise with you, Virus. Last year, I went to the doctors complaining of stomach problems and was put on something. On the box it said that people who are lactose intolerant aren't allowed to take this. This was after I'd said that I used soya milk because I'm lactose intolerant. 6 months later, another doctor was going to put me on stuff that I'd already been on - why he didn't look through my notes I really don't know. :rolleyes:
    [/rant over]
  • Options
    The substitute doctor should have looked through my notes before even beginning to try and diagnose me with something completely different and then perscribing me with possibly life threating medication. As if 50k a year isn't good enough for them, completely out of practice!
  • Options
    what did they give u and why cant u take it? (just outta interest)?