Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bladder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is embarassing.

I dont know if this is not normal or if it is normal.

I get quite a bit of discharge always have. But also I tend to have a weak bladder like I can't help but sometimes I pee a little through the day. It's not like Im needing to go the toilet and I hold it it just happens.

I know its common for people who have had kids but surely I shouldnt be suffering from it?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like you should visit a doctor

I think you can also strengthen the muscle that controls your bladder by starting and then stopping peeing for a few seconds and then starting again a few times in a row each time you go.
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    Sounds like you should visit a doctor

I think you can also strengthen the muscle that controls your bladder by starting and then stopping peeing for a few seconds and then starting again a few times in a row each time you go.

It amazes me how boys know about strengthening pelvic floor muscles... :lol:

Anyways what he said. Have you had a baby? Can happen to women then. I'd still go to the doctors and they'll give you better advice.
  • Options
    +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    Hello

Yes, pelvic floor exercises - or Kegel exercises - can help with this issue. Netdoctor has some explanation of how they work here, and there's another factsheet from the Continence Foundation. You might want to see if these help over the next few weeks, and if not, set up a appointment with your doctor.

Best!
    Kirsten
  • Options
    Starting and stopping peeing should be used as a test of your pelvic floor muscles rather than an exercise to strenghten them. Try the strengthening exercises and if nothing improves visit your doc. Teh first solution after exercises is to try vagina weights and exercise with them, if it is really extreme then there is surgery available. It could be something else though so maybe a trip to the docs just to check but it is likely to just be weak muscles.

ETA: Are you going through puberty? It might actually just be runny splurges of discharge, the body does these things in puberty, spots, discharge, sweat, it settles down after a bit though. If it's this, just get some panty liners and relax as it will go away on its own.