Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My hair is dying a death :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It makes me sad. Currently the only solution I can see is to get it all cut off again but Rich won't allow that. Even though it only took me a year to get it this long. So I'm asking you lot in the hope that you can help me!

Basically it's all falling out. Like, I used to have to clean my hairbrush out maybe once a fortnight and now I'm doing it every time I brush my hair. I don't like it :(. I know why it is, and I am not planning on dying my hair EVER AGAIN (or, until the problem is fixed), but the fact that I am tying my hair up every day is contributing but I have to for work.

Is there anything I can buy that can fix this :(. It needs to be something easy and not anything that I have to leave in for ages because I get up early enough for work as it is. I would wash my hair at night but my hair refuses to tie up properly unless it's wet so...

Help :(

Comments

• Options
    How long is it, where do you work? Could you gel it instead of wetting it because your hair is at its weakest when it's wet?
  • Options
    It's just past shoulder-length, and not really. I still work at McD's so I need to keep it up (it's actually part of the uniform rules). Bah. Gonna have to cut it aren't I :(.
  • Options
    Could you have it up in a hair net instead?
  • Options
    Hair net and head scarf to keep it on?
  • Options
    My hair sheds at an alarming rate. I think sometimes people's hair just does that... It doesnt necessarily mean you are going bald or anything :) Just be extra gentle with it
  • Options
    3 minute miracle conditioner by aussie. really really helps!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    Ask James how much hair has been left on his pillow when I've stayed over a night :p

Scary shit.
  • Options
    Is it actually coming out from the roots, or breaking off?

If it's coming out from the roots, try brushing and combing less, especially when it's wet, and avoid tying it back when you can. Also consider that this may be caused by an underlying health problem.

If it's snapping off partway down, conditioner, conditioner, conditioner. And avoid heat styling and over-fiddling!
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Is it actually coming out from the roots, or breaking off?

If it's coming out from the roots, try brushing and combing less, especially when it's wet, and avoid tying it back when you can. Also consider that this may be caused by an underlying health problem.

If it's snapping off partway down, conditioner, conditioner, conditioner. And avoid heat styling and over-fiddling!
    I have NO idea. I think it's a combination of both because I get longer hairs and shorter hairs. I just know that there is a disgusting amount of it and there never used to be :(. I am using loads of conditioner too!

I only straighten/curl my hair very very occasionally and I am trying not to tie it up but I'm working 5 days a week :(. I don't think the hair nets at work could cope with all my hair tbh 'cause it's realllllllllllllly thick as well.

I don't think I have a health problem either :o. Except for my wrist.... Although I have just had the contraceptive injection so maybe it could be that? I can't remember if it started before or after that....

Rach - it's never been like this before so I don't think it's just my hair :(.

Stacey - I don't really want to cut my hair either, but if it came down to it I think it would be the lesser of two evils. That's one of the wonderful things about my hair (when I haven't dyed it ;() - it grows far far too fast for it's own good.
  • Options
    Well at least you know you can rock short hair if it comes down to that!
  • Options
    ahh dear it sounds particularly fragile at the minute, i'd try conditioning it lots like other people have said. maybe it's stress related or something?
  • Options
    I think Omega Oils can help with hair, that's what I was told by the health food shop girl. Also, I remember that you were losing weight, could it be your diet is causing your hair loss? It needs to be quite extreme for this to happen but it does happen sometimes or it can happen if you lose weight fast and then start gaining weight again. Although from what I've read on here your dieting seems quite healthy and sensible.

I suffered worst hair breakage last year when I didn't brush it or wash it for a few weeks and then when I did brush it loads of it broke off as it was really matted and all knotted together and stuff.
  • Options
    It's all gotta come off. I've decided. It's snapping off where I am tying it up and just bah.

So I was thinking either this or this. I don't want it as short as it was before and I think that is a happy medium....
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    It's all gotta come off. I've decided. It's snapping off where I am tying it up and just bah.

So I was thinking either this or this. I don't want it as short as it was before and I think that is a happy medium....

The first one is luuuuuuush
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    The first one is luuuuuuush
    I know :). Not sure if it would suit the colour of my hair though or my face shape.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, if I didn't have Aslan hair I'd totally have either of those. And they're not too short either, so if you want to grow it back it'll take no time :)

I want short hair now, damn you!
  • Options
    That was my thinking. Plus Rich approves, so I think this is the best choice.

I think I'm gonna go with the second one :yes:.
  • Options
    second one is cute and pixie-ish, i think it will suit you