Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Neoprene wrist supports.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
K, since my wrist has been mega hurting for like...over 6 weeks, I went to the physio today (yeah, I know, I've been busy). She said I have inflamed the extender tendons and that I should "rest" my wrist. But I've been doing that for 6 weeks and it hurts more today than it ever has before :yeees:. Plus that's not really an option since I'm working 9 hours a day 5 days a week, and I need both hands for that. I bought a tubular support wotsit for it because they are cheap but it gets dirty really easily (not great for working with food) and it's...well...crap.

The physio lady said she didn't have any splints and rebandaged my wrist after my manager did it for me earlier (worked better than the tubey thing at least), but she did it crap and now I can't get it to go right. Anyway, my doctor last week said that the neoprene supports you can get might be better but they're £15 and I want to know if they're worth it before I get one. I just need it to restrict my wrist movement enough for it to stop hurting. So....

Has anyone ever used one and are they any good? Thanks :).

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure I've seen the in the pound shop before .. :chin:
  • Options
    I've seen them there too.
  • Options
    There isn't a pound shop in Braintree anymore.
  • Options
    I've had a couple of they've been pretty good, although if you can try them on before you buy them. The way some of them attach around your thumb is a little odd.

Finally found what I was looking for, I found ones aimed at builders were usually cheaper and better than the cheaper end of the sports ones like you can buy in pharmacys. Sure mine was elastic and came from Do it All, but that was years ago. Found thisone in Screw Fix though
  • Options
    You can buy wrist splints off the internet. I have a collection off them in varying colours...
  • Options
    Neoprene supports rock, i have a couple for my wrist, elbows and my knee due to various knee problems. well worth £15.00
  • Options
    Try doing wrist strengthening exercises too- like how you'd lift weights for biceps etc, but for your wrist and obviously smaller weights. like a full water bottle is perfect.

but seriously, i know you won't consider this as an option, but I got wrist problems when I started working for tescos about age 16/17, and because i didn't stop and let my wrists heal, i've had problems for 6 years. and it fucking cains, especially at exam times. stop and look after your wrists!