Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

online dating...again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
who has found dating sites to be really unsuccessful? is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    Can't say that I've tried, but i dont find any form of dating particularly successful! heh.
  • Options
    I think that, like in any dating venue, there is a lot more chaff than wheat.

Just as 90% of blokes in a nightclub will be not to your taste, its the same online. YOu get the same needy weirdos, the same wankers who prey on the vulnerable for sex and the same nice people.
  • Options
    Yes and no.

I joined one to experiment with recently. About 65% of all the messages I receive are from 40+ guys thinking I wanna sleep with them. There's been some potential amongst the rest but so far I've not found anything worthwhile. I've met two so far and nothing came out of it, once because the bloke wasn't keen and the latter because I wasn't. Both alright blokes, but just not a good fit.

I've also realised just how snobby I am. :p
  • Options
    I'm on 2 dating websites...1 of them i get nothing but old guys and people in other countries messaging me...well other than the guy I went on a date with on Friday and should be seeing again cos we got on brilliantly he's just working in the midlands this week. :(

The other site is much better for getting winks and messages off people in the right area and the right age and seems full of lots of potential. Met 4 guys off there, all really nice, just not really the spark that I'm looking for with them.